We're Moving!

Click for more info.

MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.

MoT/LWDS 62MAS homage interest/commitment poll

Poll ended at Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 pm

I will only buy the blue version
6%
I will only buy the gunmetal version
33%
I will buy both
6%
I will buy either blue or gunmetal if choice is not an option
50%
I won't buy any of these, this poll and idea is stupid
6%

Total votes: 18
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

Post by Dub Rubb »

biglovetravis wrote:Would be in for a gunmetal version. Not a fan of the “Always Compliant” text but willing to give this one a go.
Hopefully this won't be the last of the LWDS/MoT watch runs. I'll try to make a bigger deal and garner more interest during the design phase next time around, make sure to keep checking in! I Appreciate the support on this run as well, the watch should be quite nice!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

biglovetravis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:42 pm Would be in for a gunmetal version. Not a fan of the “Always Compliant” text but willing to give this one a go.
Same I understand why they went with it but........
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:58 pm
biglovetravis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:42 pm Would be in for a gunmetal version. Not a fan of the “Always Compliant” text but willing to give this one a go.
But.....?

All it means is that it always qualifies for that day's theme, whatever that theme is. Nothing less, nothing more.

Or as Freud apocryphally said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:09 pm
But.....?

All it means is that it always qualifies for that day's theme, whatever that theme is. Nothing less, nothing more.

I understand and that's why I didn't finish the sentence. Probably more a me thing than anything else. Looks greats otherwise.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:09 pm

But.....?

I understand and that's why I didn't finish the sentence. Probably more a me thing than anything else. Looks greats otherwise.
All good bud! And Hopefully there will be more to come. The more that happen, the more interest and the more input in design choice. If this is the first run, just imagine what is to come!

testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm
biglovetravis wrote:Would be in for a gunmetal version. Not a fan of the “Always Compliant” text but willing to give this one a go.
Hopefully this won't be the last of the LWDS/MoT watch runs. I'll try to make a bigger deal and garner more interest during the design phase next time around, make sure to keep checking in! I Appreciate the support on this run as well, the watch should be quite nice!

I'd be in for a straight MoT watch run....since I have nothing to do with the other, and it seems to be the prominent theme...much more so than the MoT part. And I would expect it would have more interest across the board since it's being highlighted at the top of the MoT forum and not LWDS's sub. Fantastic Idea either way and I hope it is deemed a success ! Good luck
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

testing123 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:09 am
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm

I'd be in for a straight MoT watch run....since I have nothing to do with the other, and it seems to be the prominent theme...much more so than the MoT part. And I would expect it would have more interest across the board since it's being highlighted at the top of the MoT forum and not LWDS's sub. Fantastic Idea either way and I hope it is deemed a success ! Good luck
I'm curious, what is stopping you from engaging in the LWDS thread? It's open to every MoT member and is another fun, yet a tongue-in-cheek way to show your watches.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:08 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm Hopefully this won't be the last of the LWDS/MoT watch runs. I'll try to make a bigger deal and garner more interest during the design phase next time around, make sure to keep checking in! I Appreciate the support on this run as well, the watch should be quite nice!

I'm curious, what is stopping you from engaging in the LWDS thread? It's open to every MoT member and is another fun, yet a tongue-in-cheek way to show your watches.
It's also based on deal seeking, so in line with entire MoT theme.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I think a fun middle ground for a future run would be to use the same logo as this without the LWDS. Just the MoT logo with the crossing straps. I would love to do a dial run, but finding someone to do them for a reasonable price usually means 100 MOQ.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Also, this poll doesn't seem to be moving anymore, so if you haven't already, PLEASE PM me your color preference if you are committed to the buy. This includes all the "I will only buy X color" as well as the either or. Once I have all that info I can confirm whether we can do both colors and give a better idea on price.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:51 pm Also, this poll doesn't seem to be moving anymore, so if you haven't already, PLEASE PM me your color preference if you are committed to the buy. This includes all the "I will only buy X color" as well as the either or. Once I have all that info I can confirm whether we can do both colors and give a better idea on price.

Thanks for all your work, Dub.
testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:08 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm Hopefully this won't be the last of the LWDS/MoT watch runs. I'll try to make a bigger deal and garner more interest during the design phase next time around, make sure to keep checking in! I Appreciate the support on this run as well, the watch should be quite nice!

Nothing, and I might just! Just haven't had enough time lately to even keep up on the normal heads up thread, (at least not in a manner that I can even take advantage of the deals posted, as I usually see the ones that interest me after its too late!)
haven't really perused the rest of the site much, and as far as the watch with it's logo, I would feel like a faker...buying a watch with a reference to a community that I only was made aware of when the watch went on sale..., and I love the idea btw, and love showing off my watches when I have time...so I'll make a point of making some time for it here and there, for sure.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

So far including myself, I have commitments for 6 blue and 3 gunmetal. Let's at least get this thing to 10!

If you're wanting in on this, please PM me you're preferred color choice. Thanks!

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:00 pm So far including myself, I have commitments for 6 blue and 3 gunmetal. Let's at least get this thing to 10!

If you're wanting in on this, please PM me you're preferred color choice. Thanks!
I'm in for blue if you didn't already guess. :D

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

testing123
MoT Member

Post by testing123 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:00 pm So far including myself, I have commitments for 6 blue and 3 gunmetal. Let's at least get this thing to 10!

whoa, I thought you had like 17 from the poll....I think I need to join in here, I would love a blue one, I'll pm you as well. I didn't take the poll...I'll just sell one of my current 62MAS to pay for it, in part, can't pass this up after all