MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.

MoT/LWDS 62MAS homage interest/commitment poll

Poll ended at Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 pm

I will only buy the blue version
1
6%
I will only buy the gunmetal version
6
33%
I will buy both
1
6%
I will buy either blue or gunmetal if choice is not an option
9
50%
I won't buy any of these, this poll and idea is stupid
1
6%
 
Total votes: 18
User avatar
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 23390 times
Been liked: 9102 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#46

Post by Dub Rubb » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:27 pm

I am awaiting a response from San Martin. By awaiting, I mean I emailed them today. I should have confirmation about being able to get both blue and gunmetal as well as a better idea on price now that we have 10. Fingers crossed, but honestly don't feel I need to. SM builds fantastic watches and have a significantly higher QC standard than other Chinese watch brands I've owned. Excitement is building for me!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk



These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 5):
ManOnTimeStretch44RabirnieSussaSplit-Time
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5587
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 6458 times
Been liked: 22740 times
Contact:

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#47

Post by ManOnTime » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:27 pm
I am awaiting a response from San Martin. By awaiting, I mean I emailed them today. I should have confirmation about being able to get both blue and gunmetal as well as a better idea on price now that we have 10. Fingers crossed, but honestly don't feel I need to. SM builds fantastic watches and have a significantly higher QC standard than other Chinese watch brands I've owned. Excitement is building for me!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Image
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 3):
Dub RubbStretch44Rabirnie
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 23390 times
Been liked: 9102 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#48

Post by Dub Rubb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:27 pm



Image


We are a go for 6 blue and 4 gunmetal. Also, the price should come in at under $250 on bracelet before shipping.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk


These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 8):
sh333Stretch44SussaManOnTimeHalakuSplit-Timetesting123TayTay
User avatar
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 23390 times
Been liked: 9102 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#49

Post by Dub Rubb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Unsure about the next step. I believe that SM can create a custom link to their site just for our watch so that each person can order independently. Or everyone could PayPal me the funds and I could distribute them. Obviously, I would prefer the former, but if it could save us some $$$, I am game. Also, not sure if we have any folks outside the US getting in on this, but if so, we can have the value declared at $80 or so to avoid excessive customs/duties.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 3):
Stretch44Halakutesting123
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5587
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 6458 times
Been liked: 22740 times
Contact:

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#50

Post by ManOnTime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:27 pm
Image


We are a go for 6 blue and 4 gunmetal. Also, the price should come in at under $250 on bracelet before shipping.
Image

I'm ready.
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 5):
Dub RubbHalakuStretch44Rabirnietesting123
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
Halaku
MoT Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm
Has liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 1567 times

MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#51

Post by Halaku » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm

I am excited …. This is the beginning of an amazing MOT branded watches journey .. some day we might get a full lume dial one too … oh and a salmon dia with logo .. the possibilities are endless… Thank you DUb Rubb ..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These users liked the author Halaku for the post (total 4):
ManOnTimeDub RubbRabirnietesting123
User avatar
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 23390 times
Been liked: 9102 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#52

Post by Dub Rubb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Halaku wrote:I am excited …. This is the beginning of an amazing MOT branded watches journey .. some day we might get a full lume dial one too … oh and a salmon dia with logo .. the possibilities are endless… Thank you DUb Rubb .. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am excited too! And this was/still is definitely a group effort. Hopefully this paves the way for many more watches to come. Also, talking to SM, I learned that if we can ever hit the 50 watches mark, it unlocks not only a discount, but also the addition of the MoT logo on the signed crown, clasp and a custom case back design.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 3):
Stretch44HalakuRabirnie
User avatar
vta_watch
MoT Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:05 pm
Location: Ventura, California
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2146 times
Contact:

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#53

Post by vta_watch » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Can't wait for one of these to show up in a WRUW thread at The Other Place.

Tap. Talk. Buy another watch. Repeat as needed.

These users liked the author vta_watch for the post (total 6):
sh333HalakuRabirnieStretch44Dub RubbTayTay
User avatar
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Posts: 5587
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has liked: 6458 times
Been liked: 22740 times
Contact:

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#54

Post by ManOnTime » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 pm

vta_watch wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:18 pm
Can't wait for one of these to show up in a WRUW thread at The Other Place. Image
Challenge accepted. :mrgreen:
These users liked the author ManOnTime for the post (total 4):
Dub Rubbvta_watchHalakuTayTay
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:


'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
User avatar
Split-Time
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:05 pm
Has liked: 18197 times
Been liked: 7590 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#55

Post by Split-Time » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 pm

So pumped for this!!! :P Almost wish I could get both, but that’s just crazy talk!
These users liked the author Split-Time for the post (total 3):
ManOnTimeDub RubbHalaku
User avatar
Stretch44
Inner Circle Member
Posts: 3051
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Location: Monterey/SF Bay
Has liked: 13339 times
Been liked: 15049 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#56

Post by Stretch44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm

ManOnTime wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:57 pm
vta_watch wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:18 pm
Can't wait for one of these to show up in a WRUW thread at The Other Place. Image
Challenge accepted. :mrgreen:
I'll be right there with you.
These users liked the author Stretch44 for the post (total 3):
Dub RubbManOnTimevta_watch
User avatar
Dub Rubb
MoT Member
Posts: 3354
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 pm
Has liked: 23390 times
Been liked: 9102 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#57

Post by Dub Rubb » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 pm

Split-Time wrote:So pumped for this!!! Image Almost wish I could get both, but that’s just crazy talk!
You calling me crazy?!? Oh, wait. . .

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk


These users liked the author Dub Rubb for the post (total 2):
HalakuSplit-Time
testing123
MoT Member
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#58

Post by testing123 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Dub Rubb wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:15 pm
Halaku wrote:I am excited …. This is the beginning of an amazing MOT branded watches journey .. some day we might get a full lume dial one too … oh and a salmon dia with logo .. the possibilities are endless… Thank you DUb Rubb .. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am excited too! And this was/still is definitely a group effort. Hopefully this paves the way for many more watches to come. Also, talking to SM, I learned that if we can ever hit the 50 watches mark, it unlocks not only a discount, but also the addition of the MoT logo on the signed crown, clasp and a custom case back design.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
that, right there, is a super worthy goal!!
These users liked the author testing123 for the post (total 2):
Dub RubbTayTay
watchpalooza
Global Moderator
Posts: 3957
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm
Location: Munich & SF Bay Area
Has liked: 17022 times
Been liked: 10757 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#59

Post by watchpalooza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am

Dub Rubb wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:32 pm
Unsure about the next step. I believe that SM can create a custom link to their site just for our watch so that each person can order independently. Or everyone could PayPal me the funds and I could distribute them. Obviously, I would prefer the former, but if it could save us some $$$, I am game. Also, not sure if we have any folks outside the US getting in on this, but if so, we can have the value declared at $80 or so to avoid excessive customs/duties.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I am outside the U.S., and should be counted already for 1 or 2 (at least a blue, both if we need to make numbers). Any update on how we will order / pay and roughly when I should plan to do that?
Click Icon To Contact Me



’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
testing123
MoT Member
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Has liked: 493 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Re: MoT/LWDS 62MAS project watch interest/commitment poll

#60

Post by testing123 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:16 pm

So, what the heck happened here? anyone??
Post Reply