We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Best of AliExpress

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

Re: Best of AliExpress

Post by HonestWatchReviews »

The Cadisen C8097. Still one of, if not their best watch to date.Image

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

mwerneburg

Post by mwerneburg »

HonestWatchReviews wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 am The Cadisen C8097. Still one of, if not their best watch to date.
I agree. I intend to to buy the rose gold model at the 11/11 sale. Just need a dark brown FKM strap because in the Tokyo climate leather will rot in a single summer. Alternately thinking the rose gold might go well with a white KFM.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

mwerneburg wrote:
HonestWatchReviews wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 am The Cadisen C8097. Still one of, if not their best watch to date.
I agree. I intend to to buy the rose gold model at the 11/11 sale. Just need a dark brown FKM strap because in the Tokyo climate leather will rot in a single summer. Alternately thinking the rose gold might go well with a white KFM.
I actually use to have the rose one as well.
I did a video on them a while ago in my channel.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

mwerneburg wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:11 am
Welcome to the site, @mwerneburg! How did you find us?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
mwerneburg

Post by mwerneburg »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:14 am Welcome to the site, @mwerneburg! How did you find us?
Thank you! I do believe I followed a link from a Youtube message by OP.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

mwerneburg wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:14 am Welcome to the site, @mwerneburg! How did you find us?
Thank you! I do believe I followed a link from a Youtube message by OP.
It's good to have you hear.

ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Having fun with my Seestern (which as you may know means starfish in German).
Seestern.jpg
I've been enjoying it thoroughly since it arrived the other day. It feels solid, quality, competent. Of course, it isn't perfect: the bezel is ever-so-slightly misaligned (though forgivably so), and I'll likely regulate the movement at some point, but everything else is great, so all in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.

This was the right 62MAS homage for me. The size (approximately 38mm bezel) is terrific: comfortable, more present than you might expect, and well-proportioned. I say that as someone who was never really very satisfied with the SKX013 (the SKX007's mid-size brother), which I felt was both too small and too tall.

I can confirm as others already have that the case back typos are fixed, as is the date wheel alignment. As for the potential issue of needing to push the crown back in more than once to get it running again after hacking, I had no such issue (though I've only had to set the time once).

I love the gunmetal/grey sunburst dial on this colorway. It's both tool-like in its base color, and jewel-like in its shimmer and sheen. It is, of course, the original 62MAS's dial color. Accordingly, I put it on a rubber waffle strap (also purchased on AliEx, appropriately enough) to recreate that Seiko 1965 vibe.

I'll definitely be buying Seestern again in the future. Their Doxa homages have a lot of appeal, and I could even see myself picking up another 62MAS homage in blue (yes, same model, different color . . . have I really degenerated to that degree, then?). Heck, even their upcoming frost Monster homages have caught my eye. If I had the wrist for it, I'd be paying attention to their sister brand Sugess's Top Time homage chronos. But I get ahead of myself.

Bottom line: Check out Seestern; check out their 62MAS homage (and their other offerings); I'm as happy as a starfish with mine.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

ohhenry1 wrote:Having fun with my Seestern (which as you may know means starfish in German).
Seestern.jpg
I've been enjoying it thoroughly since it arrived the other day. It feels solid, quality, competent. Of course, it isn't perfect: the bezel is ever-so-slightly misaligned (though forgivably so), and I'll likely regulate the movement at some point, but everything else is great, so all in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.

This was the right 62MAS homage for me. The size (approximately 38mm bezel) is terrific: comfortable, more present than you might expect, and well-proportioned. I say that as someone who was never really very satisfied with the SKX013 (the SKX007's mid-size brother), which I felt was both too small and too tall.

I can confirm as others already have that the case back typos are fixed, as is the date wheel alignment. As for the potential issue of needing to push the crown back in more than once to get it running again after hacking, I had no such issue (though I've only had to set the time once).

I love the gunmetal/grey sunburst dial on this colorway. It's both tool-like in its base color, and jewel-like in its shimmer and sheen. It is, of course, the original 62MAS's dial color. Accordingly, I put it on a rubber waffle strap (also purchased on AliEx, appropriately enough) to recreate that Seiko 1965 vibe.

I'll definitely be buying Seestern again in the future. Their Doxa homages have a lot of appeal, and I could even see myself picking up another 62MAS homage in blue (yes, same model, different color . . . have I really degenerated to that degree, then?). Heck, even their upcoming frost Monster homages have caught my eye. If I had the wrist for it, I'd be paying attention to their sister brand Sugess's Top Time homage chronos. But I get ahead of myself.

Bottom line: Check out Seestern; check out their 62MAS homage (and their other offerings); I'm as happy as a starfish with mine.
I'm glad your enjoying it. I've not actually tried out their 62mas homage. But if it's anything like the Doxa homage then I'm sure it'll be great. I was really impressed with that one when I got it in for review.

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

Happy with this Cadisen the bracelet is poor but I knew this going in very nice for $90.
download (5).jpeg
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

If you want to see some of the lesser known AliExpress watches that I own and recommend, I've just uploaded a video on my YouTube channel.

HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

A budget 62MAS homage from Tandorio.

viewtopic.php?p=104010#p104010

no-time

Post by no-time »

HonestWatchReviews wrote:A budget 62MAS homage from Tandorio.

Just saw your Latest YouTube video, excellent idea to do different AliEx watches.

I've new here too from that other forum [emoji6]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited by no-time on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HonestWatchReviews
MoT Member

no-time wrote:

Just saw your Latest YouTube video, excellent idea to do different AliEx watches.

I've new here to from that other forum [emoji6]

I like to try and mix things up a bit. I've actually had a few first on the channel from Phylida, Escapement Time, Baltany and Boderry. It's always fun trying out new brands to see if they are any good.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

no-time wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:24 am

I've new here to from that other forum [emoji6]

WUS, WatchInTyme, another one?
We're very welcoming here and you're free to talk about other forums.
Just realize that they're prefer you don't bring up MoT there. ;)
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

So AliEx(perts), is there an Oris Big Crown Pointer Date homage out there that actually has a pointer date function?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find