2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: 2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Robotaz »

Man, that Oris is sharp. The hits just keep coming. I think Oris is the most impressive all-around brand and has been for 5 years or more. They don’t seem to make any mistakes and they’re constantly introducing new styles and technology.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:30 am Man, that Oris is sharp. The hits just keep coming. I think Oris is the most impressive all-around brand and has been for 5 years or more. They don’t seem to make any mistakes and they’re constantly introducing new styles and technology.
I think their late 2021 collab with Hodinkee was kind of a miss, but I generally agree with you.

This one certainly blows the Hodinkee out of the water.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:30 am Man, that Oris is sharp. The hits just keep coming. I think Oris is the most impressive all-around brand and has been for 5 years or more. They don’t seem to make any mistakes and they’re constantly introducing new styles and technology.
I think their late 2021 collab with Hodinkee was kind of a miss, but I generally agree with you.

This one certainly blows the Hodinkee out of the water.
I had not seen that one. It’s just boring to me, but I think that a lot. I wonder how well the 250 sold.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

First things first, these are pricey.

Prices via wire transfer are $3,850 for the semi-matte treated dials and $4,150 for the high polished variant.
Payments via credit card have an additional 3% fee to cover transaction costs.

Now that's out of the way, let's talk about the Tesseract, the new model released by Orion.

The Tesseract features a proudly made in America dial. The Tesseract pattern is entirely milled, providing tangible depth, relief, and sharp perpendicular corners. Each dial has a polished surface which is contrasted by the matte surface of the milled pattern. After galvanic treatment (coloring) of the dial, some are treated with a semi matte lacquer - some are not. The highly polished dials number in the single digits, with the remainder semi-matte.

The dials are polished by hand before CNC milling with end mills that measure a fraction of a millimeter in diameter. The nameplate, beset by two entirely functional and hand polished screws, is no small feat in itself. The chamfers feature anglage (done by hand) with a satin grain applied to the face. The nameplate is only 0.20mm in thickness (a dime is about 1mm thick) which means handling them requires a great deal of skill, lest they be damaged irreparably. The Orion text on the nameplate is the Orion typeface and is milled as well as inked by hand. Milling specific typefaces is a technical challenge and is seldom featured in watches; the alternatives being lasering the text or simply using the profile of the cutter to create a typeface.

Learn more about the Tesseract here - https://orionwatch.com/the-tesseract
Or if you're ready to purchase, here's the link to the shop - https://orionwatch.com/tesseract/orion-tesseract

Specs:
- Hand finished, made in America dial
- 39mm Diameter
- 20mm Lug Width
- 47mm Lug to Lug
- 10.5mm Thickness (Caseback to Crystal)
- Screw down crown
- 100m Water Resistance
- Movement: Miyota 9039
- Crystal Material: Sapphire
- Lume: Blue BGW9

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

OK so:
-The dial is awesome. Of course.
-Love the screwed in name plate.
-I think having no indices at all leaves it visually lacking. Obviously they wanted the dial to be the spotlight but it’s too much of that. Some think indices in a JLC ultra thin/geophysic style would have looked great IMO.
-And something is off with the proportions. The intricacy of the dial gives a delicate vibe but the case is chunky. Maybe the bezel is too thick?

Even if it’s not exactly how I’d have done it, I do give them props for a striking design. Haven’t seen anything else like it.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Boourns wrote:OK so:
-I think having no indices at all leaves it visually lacking. Obviously they wanted the dial to be the spotlight but it’s too much of that. Some think indices in a JLC ultra thin/geophysic style would have looked great IMO.
-And something is off with the proportions. The intricacy of the dial gives a delicate vibe but the case is chunky. Maybe the bezel is too thick?

Even if it’s not exactly how I’d have done it, I do give them props for a striking design. Haven’t seen anything else like it.
4K with a miyota? I am not even close to a movement snob, but if I am paying 4K for a fancy dial, I might as well have a spring drive for that price. I LOVE miyota (well, maybe not 8 series) movements, but I am just struggling to see the value here. Even if the finishing is fantastic, is it GS fantastic? This seems like a hard sell unless they only make like 10 of each color and have rarity going for them.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:07 pm
Boourns wrote:OK so:

4K with a miyota? I am not even close to a movement snob, but if I am paying 4K for a fancy dial, I might as well have a spring drive for that price. I LOVE miyota (well, maybe not 8 series) movements, but I am just struggling to see the value here. Even if the finishing is fantastic, is it GS fantastic? This seems like a hard sell unless they only make like 10 of each color and have rarity going for them.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

They're making only 19 in total.

I agree it's a big ask, but for the hand done work and artistry involved, I expect they'll find some buyers.
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

For all you square G-Shock lovers, the new DWE5600R-9 comes with yellow, red and black bands and bezels so you can change up the look whenever you want.

More info: https://www.gshock.com/watches/limited- ... dwe5600r-9
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Vario has another survey about their upcoming dirty dozen homage, the 1945 D12.
He's targeting a retail price of $348, similar to the Trench, with a discount during launch.

My intention is to stay close to the classics but update a few aspects of the watch so it doesn't look like a mere replica. We will be using the same trusted Miyota 82s5 movement (crown at 4pm) hack and wind, size will be 37mm, 46mm lug to lug for vintage sizing that suits the modern wrist. Dial will spot a coarse texture with subdial as a second layer. Lume will be the same C3 in the Trench but I'm asking my factory If they can improve on it so we shall see. Crystal will be a thick flat sapphire with rounded corners to give that vintage watch vibe without losing clarity since most of the dial is flat except the corners. Screw down crown is slightly larger for easy handling, more character and will be signed with lumed V.

In this latest survey, Ivan is looking to gauge interest in colors, so he'll know how many to order.
Also if he needs to make a larger size option than 37mm.

Link to survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:47 pm Vario is contemplating making a "Dirty Dozen" version of their recent Trench Watch.

From the survey:

I'm working on a Dirty Dozen with small seconds using the same Miyota 82s5 movement (crown at 4pm) we used in our Trench. Size will be 36mm for vintage sizing and subdial sits beautifully (movement constraint). If you would like a bigger size possibly 42mm would be possible to avoid a cropped 6. Please help me with some questions if you're interested in this project so I can proceed to develop this watch further

Lots of questions about size, lume, lugs, finishing, etc.

Link to survey here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Fossil will be releasing at least a couple of The Batman tie-in watches on Monday 2/28

https://www.fossil.com/en-us/shop/batman/

Click Icon To Contact Me

THFPureAsGold
MoT Member

Post by THFPureAsGold »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:02 pm Vario has another survey about their upcoming dirty dozen homage, the 1945 D12.
He's targeting a retail price of $348, similar to the Trench, with a discount during launch.

My intention is to stay close to the classics but update a few aspects of the watch so it doesn't look like a mere replica. We will be using the same trusted Miyota 82s5 movement (crown at 4pm) hack and wind, size will be 37mm, 46mm lug to lug for vintage sizing that suits the modern wrist. Dial will spot a coarse texture with subdial as a second layer. Lume will be the same C3 in the Trench but I'm asking my factory If they can improve on it so we shall see. Crystal will be a thick flat sapphire with rounded corners to give that vintage watch vibe without losing clarity since most of the dial is flat except the corners. Screw down crown is slightly larger for easy handling, more character and will be signed with lumed V.

In this latest survey, Ivan is looking to gauge interest in colors, so he'll know how many to order.
Also if he needs to make a larger size option than 37mm.

Link to survey - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:47 pm Vario is contemplating making a "Dirty Dozen" version of their recent Trench Watch.

From the survey:

I'm working on a Dirty Dozen with small seconds using the same Miyota 82s5 movement (crown at 4pm) we used in our Trench. Size will be 36mm for vintage sizing and subdial sits beautifully (movement constraint). If you would like a bigger size possibly 42mm would be possible to avoid a cropped 6. Please help me with some questions if you're interested in this project so I can proceed to develop this watch further

Lots of questions about size, lume, lugs, finishing, etc.

Link to survey here - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... w/viewform

Thanks for posting this. Do you know when these will become available? Seriously considering one…
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

THFPureAsGold wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:17 pm
Thanks for posting this. Do you know when these will become available? Seriously considering one…
From the email I received, he mentions September. But not sure if that means when orders will open or when they could deliver.

Please help me with my survey if you're interested in this project so I can gauge the interest level and make enough of these watches for you, hopefully before September 2022.
Click Icon To Contact Me

WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

https://www.ecandersson.com/product/calypso-ii/

Per order has just started- numbers limited to 140
Miyota movement regulated in-house

Per order price currently £475 inc delivery

SPECIFICATIONS
Diameter x Thickness (mm)
39 x 12
Power Reserve
Indicator. 45h+ running time
Lug Width x Lug-to-Lug (mm)
18 x 48
Dial
Textured, deep blue
Water Resistance
120 meters
Hands & Markers
Glowing Ice-Blue
Crystal
Sapphire, AR-Coating inside
Movement
Automatic, Regulated in-house
Calendar
Date Window at 3’
Strap
Italian Rubber, Textured
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Nivada Grenchen will soon be opening orders for a 500 piece limited edition 36mm Datomaster.
Later this month, they will take preorders for a 39 mm diameter manual winding version of the Datomaster using a SW510 Sellita movement.

This 36mm version will use a Seiko VK64 Mecaquartz movement, which will bring the price down from other Nivada models.

Price will be 450 CHF (roughly $489) with leather and 490 CHF (roughly $532) with bracelet (only 100 pcs available with bracelet).

The watches are now on an assembly line and will be ready in 2 weeks.
Current Nivada owners will get a private link to order 24 hours before everyone else.
Then they'll share a link on Instagram and full newsletter members.

Click Icon To Contact Me

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

This upcoming release from Oak and Oscar, new Humboldt GMT is expected to ship in 5-10 weeks, and has a launch price of $1,985 on a bracelet, and $1,825 on a strap.
An article caught my attention on wornandwound:
https://wornandwound.com/oak-oscar-upda ... our-bezel/

The site is more informative :
https://oakandoscar.com/products/the-hu ... 1384314933

The most impressive to me is :
1.both a Faraday cage to maximize anti-magnetism as well as a rubber stabilizer to protect against sudden shock, and 200 m WR.All this fit in case having height of 12.5mm.
2.independently set the 24-hour hand.
3.power reserve of 56 hours with 28,800 bph.
4.Bracelet with 6 positions micro adjustment.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220304-075108.jpg
Screenshot_20220304-073443.jpg
Screenshot_20220304-073501.jpg
Screenshot_20220304-074140.jpg
Screenshot_20220304-074208.jpg
Screenshot_20220304-074223.jpg