We're Moving!

Click for more info.

2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Zipties
MoT Member

Re: 2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Zipties »

Boourns wrote:
That yellow is great!
It really is. This might get me to upgrade my one g-shock.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Zipties wrote:
Boourns wrote:
That yellow is great!
It really is. This might get me to upgrade my one g-shock.
I like it, too. The black with color if I didn’t go yellow.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Ivan from Vario has made good on his promise to release a shrapnel protector for the Vario 1918 series trench watches ( @Stretch44 and I each have one). He allowed me to buy one early before the May release to do a review. Final price will be ~$30.

At the moment these are only for the 37mm variant, but Ivan has posted a signup to voice interest in one for the 40mm version...if 60 sign up he will produce it. You can get on the list here: https://forms.gle/syvNhTHrtTydqtScA
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Formex is relaunching their Essence Leggera Collection, crafted from lightweight carbon and ceramic.

The new collection is available in the original 43mm size, and in a smaller and even lighter 41mm version.
Five dial colorways - Arctic White, Cool Grey, Electric Blue, Forged Carbon, and Mamba Green.

The collection starts at $1,640 with free US shipping and all taxes and duties included.

These are currently available for preorder with 43mm version delivering end of May and 41mm version delivering beginning of July.

Additionally, enjoy an exclusive 50% discount on all additional Leggera straps and the clasp, limited to the pre-order phase.
Apply the code "LEGGERA50OFF" in your cart once you added your Leggera and additional clasp and straps.

43mm version - https://formexwatch.com/collections/ess ... ortythree/

41mm version - https://formexwatch.com/collections/ess ... -fortyone/

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

Always had my eye on Formex since they started. Thanks for sharing these. Amazing how light they are.

Do these cases have that ‘compressible’ feature that the original models had, or are they just standard single-piece cases?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TimePeace wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:56 pm Always had my eye on Formex since they started. Thanks for sharing these. Amazing how light they are.

Do these cases have that ‘compressible’ feature that the original models had, or are they just standard single-piece cases?

It does.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

nicegator wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 am Love this dial. Price - not so much.
Will try to get one on BF 2022.
https://www.undone.com/en/watch-detail/ ... -cali-blue
This is close for $187.50 with the current 25% off.

Can't get picture to load, but here is the link.

https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/colle ... sp-5071-02
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:47 pm
TimePeace wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:56 pm Always had my eye on Formex since they started. Thanks for sharing these. Amazing how light they are.

It does.
Wow, that’s cool.especially with the light case material. Aghhhh!
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

New hand wound Rado captain Cook @ 37mm!

Looks sweet

Engravable: No
Product Name: Captain Cook Over-Pole
SKU: R32116158
Limited Edition: 1962 Pieces
Movement
Movement Power Reserve: 80 hours
Movement Reference: 03.862.031
Case
Case Materials: Stainless Steel
Case Thickness: 10.3 mm
Case Water Resistance: 10 bar (100 m)
Case Gender: Unisex
Case Dimension: 37.0 mm
Case Crystal: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
Dial
Dial Colour: Black
Dial Skeleton / Open-Heart: No
Dial Has Date: Yes
Dial Has Jewels: No
Mother Of Pearl: No
Bracelet
Bracelet Materials: Leather, Stainless Steel

Currently available on: https://shop.hodinkee.com/blogs/journal ... ed-edition

$2440 unfortunately

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Sort of heads up if you are a fan.
Also, a good excuse to get a new Timex.
https://www.timex.com/comingsoon/?utm_s ... %3D.VM8xiK
Screenshot_20220425-091713.jpg
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

Not sure if these have been mentioned before, but Timex released some new Waterbury divers. 40mm, unguarded/signed crown, seemingly non-hacking Miyota movement. Priced at $279. I'll hold tight for a sale.

Description
Influenced by the purpose-built timepieces of the mid-twentieth century, the dive-inspired Waterbury Dive Automatic beckons to adventure on land and sea. A rotating top ring brings practicality and vintage appeal to its refined design aesthetic—a feature traditionally used to track elapsed time beneath the waves. We’ve paid homage to our original watch collection by using the iconic Waterbury Watch Company logo on the green sunray dial, crown, and sweeping second hand—which bears the stylized W—while finely finished surfaces display our attention to craftsmanship and detail. Powering this watch is a 21-jewel automatic movement that can also be hand-wound at the crown, creating a timepiece that’s packed to the gills with robustness and accuracy.

https://www.timex.com/waterbury-dive-au ... rt=1&sz=36
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.53.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.52.41 AM.png
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

A new color way for the Squale 1545 30 atmos gmt (40mm) at Gnomon:

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... amica-40mm

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

On Tuesday, May 3, Isotope Watches will release a limited edition of their GMT 0º, the Terra Maris, in collaboration with Miguel Seabra.

About Miguel Seabra:
Miguel Seabra hails from Portugal and has been travelling the world covering tennis for 30 years and watches for 27. Feels privileged to have both his passions for professions, even though sometimes it is hard to change the chip! A commentator for Eurosport and editor of Espiral do Tempo magazine, he is a member of the Academy and former member of the jury of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève; he is also a member of the jury of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

The Isotope Terra Maris Limited Edition has an MSRP of GBP £1.030 / EUR €1.220 / US $1,320 approx.

https://isotopewatches.com/

The GMT 0º ‘Terra Maris’ is a limited run of 49 pieces and not only features a unique GMT + date display, but also a quite original colour combination inspired by the seaside. Here's Miguel Seabra’s rationale behind the creation of the ‘Terra Maris’ concept:

“When my friend José Mendes Miranda, founder of Isotope Watches, challenged me to come up with an idea for a limited edition of the GMT 0º, I pretty much envisioned a theme straight away since it had been on the back of my mind for a while. If I were to be associated with a timepiece, it would have to be quite different and boast an original colour combination. And... cool as well! So, being the GMT 0º a travel watch per definition, and being Isotope a watch brand based in a country (England) with the same time zone as mine (Portugal), I wanted it to reflect a bit the beautiful place where I live on the seaside and not only convey the idea of vacations but also casual elegance. To me, the epitome of casual elegance is a good pair of jeans coupled with brown suede shoes plus a white shirt and a nice blazer. Brown and blue also represent the land and the sea, and I live in the coastal resort of Cascais, at the most western point of Europe, where the continent ends and the ocean starts. Hence the Latin name, ‘Terra Maris’. The land and the sea, the brown and the blue, suede shoes and denim!”.

Click Icon To Contact Me

baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

One for red watch lovers. Circula has announced a LE red version of their supersport. Pre-order now for delivery in June.

Limited to 99 pieces.

Their website is a bit limited on renders / photos, at least on my phone, so excuse the screenshot of their email - it was the only way I could see to show a picture of the watch.

https://circulawatches.com/en/product/supersport/

Price is EUR 749 incl VAT / 629 excl VAT.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ImageImage
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Available to order now.
Here's the direct link:

https://isotopewatches.com/products/ter ... ed-edition

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:40 pm On Tuesday, May 3, Isotope Watches will release a limited edition of their GMT 0º, the Terra Maris, in collaboration with Miguel Seabra.

About Miguel Seabra:
Miguel Seabra hails from Portugal and has been travelling the world covering tennis for 30 years and watches for 27. Feels privileged to have both his passions for professions, even though sometimes it is hard to change the chip! A commentator for Eurosport and editor of Espiral do Tempo magazine, he is a member of the Academy and former member of the jury of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève; he is also a member of the jury of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

The Isotope Terra Maris Limited Edition has an MSRP of GBP £1.030 / EUR €1.220 / US $1,320 approx.

https://isotopewatches.com/

The GMT 0º ‘Terra Maris’ is a limited run of 49 pieces and not only features a unique GMT + date display, but also a quite original colour combination inspired by the seaside. Here's Miguel Seabra’s rationale behind the creation of the ‘Terra Maris’ concept:

“When my friend José Mendes Miranda, founder of Isotope Watches, challenged me to come up with an idea for a limited edition of the GMT 0º, I pretty much envisioned a theme straight away since it had been on the back of my mind for a while. If I were to be associated with a timepiece, it would have to be quite different and boast an original colour combination. And... cool as well! So, being the GMT 0º a travel watch per definition, and being Isotope a watch brand based in a country (England) with the same time zone as mine (Portugal), I wanted it to reflect a bit the beautiful place where I live on the seaside and not only convey the idea of vacations but also casual elegance. To me, the epitome of casual elegance is a good pair of jeans coupled with brown suede shoes plus a white shirt and a nice blazer. Brown and blue also represent the land and the sea, and I live in the coastal resort of Cascais, at the most western point of Europe, where the continent ends and the ocean starts. Hence the Latin name, ‘Terra Maris’. The land and the sea, the brown and the blue, suede shoes and denim!”.

Click Icon To Contact Me