2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: 2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by Boourns »

Christopher Ward is doing a Ukraine edition of the C63 Sealander with all profits donated to charity. It costs $815.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/spo ... RN-B0.html

I wish that watch were 38mm?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

As the Official Partner and Timekeeper of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, Longines presents the HydroConquest XXII Commonwealth Games. This exclusive edition, limited to 2,022 pieces, celebrates one of the world’s greatest sporting events, which sees athletes from over 70 Commonwealth nations and territories compete against each other.

https://www.longines.com/en-us/watch-hy ... 781-4-59-6

Longines HydroConquest XXII Commonwealth Games, model # L3.781.4.59.6

Price is $1,950

- MOVEMENT CALIBER: L888
- DIMENSION:: 41mm
- LUG DISTANCE: 21mm
- THICKNESS: 11.90mm
- MATERIAL: Stainless steel and ceramic bezel
- GLASS: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, with several layers of anti-reflective coating on both sides
- WATER RESISTANCE: Water-resistant to 30 bar

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

@CincinnatiWatchCo has announced their upcoming P-40M Automatic Pilot Watch.

The new version of the P-40M will have a Sellita SW200-1, Elabore grade movement, instead of the hand wound Swiss Sellita SW215 in the original models. The watch is currently in production and the movements are on order from Switzerland. We are producing 100-pcs of each dial variation initially so we recommend pre-ordering to secure yours!

Pre-orders will be made available in end of May 2022 for shipping in September.

Cincinnati Watch Co. 2022 P-40M Automatic
Pre-order price = $549
Retail price = $649

As always, a portion of the sale will go to continue funding the amazing restorative work the Tri-State Warbird Museum does with these historic warbirds.

Link to the original P-40M Mechanical version - https://www.cincinnatiwatch.com/watch/p-40m-mechanical

Specs:
- Sellita SW200-1 Elabore Grade Movement
- 11.3mm Thickness
- 40.5mm Wide
- Lug tip to lug tip span of 47mm
- 316L Steel Custom Bracelet
- Sapphire Crystal

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
recapt
MoT Member

2022 New and Upcoming Releases!

Post by recapt »

I feel like I’m missing something here. This appears to be a GMT watch but the SW200 is not a GMT movement. And the website doesn’t actually mention GMT functionality so perhaps that 24-hour inner ring is something else?? [emoji2369]

Edit: I just figured out that those are actually 13-24 hour markers on the inner ring. But now I’m confused about why the seconds hand has a counter balance arrow. It’s probably just me not knowing too much about pilot watches in general.
wishmann
MoT Member

Post by wishmann »

Omega and Swatch partnership.. Oh God I just need one of this. Only available in a few stores around the world. (none near me :( ).

Sales starts March, 26.

Anyone want to buy one for me? I pay you more for it, no problem about that.. :P

jfield
MoT Member

Post by jfield »

wishmann wrote:Omega and Swatch partnership.. Oh God I just need one of this. Only available in a few stores around the world. (none near me :( ).

Sales starts March, 26.

Anyone want to buy one for me? I pay you more for it, no problem about that.. [emoji14]

None around me either, the moon series is the one I wanted most with the closest look to a SS case. The Mars probably next but man that moon watch would go 10x on ebay for sure!
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

Sadly, I expect they will be sold out in about 10 minutes, with the most desirable models (Moon obviously at the top of that list) reselling for 3-5x retail.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

username wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 pm Sadly, I expect they will be sold out in about 10 minutes, with the most desirable models (Moon obviously at the top of that list) reselling for 3-5x retail.
ETA: Please disregard my post...based on bad assumptions.

Agreed, these will be highly collectible as limited editions. I'm hoping Swatch will ramp up production on one or two colorways and make them mainstream, more widely available. They could sell a million of `em.
Last edited by Klaatu3 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Klaatu3 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:35 pm
username wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:51 pm Sadly, I expect they will be sold out in about 10 minutes, with the most desirable models (Moon obviously at the top of that list) reselling for 3-5x retail.
Agreed, these will be highly collectible as limited editions. I'm hoping Swatch will ramp up production on one or two colorways and make them mainstream, more widely available. They could sell a million of `em.
The articles I read said they didn't say they were limited. I think Hypebeast specifically said they weren't. So hopefully by late this year these will be semi-readily available and distributed more broadly than the stores once they get past the original demand.

I would love to look at these. Closest store to me is Atlanta, so not close. And it doesn't appear that Atlanta even has them when you do the locator.

I really like the Mercury, the Earth, the Saturn, the Neptune, and the Pluto. The moon is cool, but I'd rather have something that looks different than the original. If I had to pick one, it's probably the flat gray Mercury model as boring as that is being just gray. But it's a different looking gray.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Everything I've read has said they aren't a limited release, and Swatch commented on Instagram that they will be available online later.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

AndyS wrote:
The articles I read said they didn't say they were limited. I think Hypebeast specifically said they weren't. So hopefully by late this year these will be semi-readily available and distributed more broadly than the stores once they get past the original demand.

I would love to look at these. Closest store to me is Atlanta, so not close. And it doesn't appear that Atlanta even has them when you do the locator.

I really like the Mercury, the Earth, the Saturn, the Neptune, and the Pluto. The moon is cool, but I'd rather have something that looks different than the original. If I had to pick one, it's probably the flat gray Mercury model as boring as that is being just gray. But it's a different looking gray.
Someone in r/watches also mentioned contacting their local dealer who said these would be for sale online at some point but exactly when is TBD. That said, I still expect the initial release to be resold at huge markups, just maybe not as high as we first thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Just noticed that the Saturn watch has the rings on the dial.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

username
MoT Member

Post by username »

AndyS wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 am The articles I read said they didn't say they were limited. I think Hypebeast specifically said they weren't.
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:04 am Everything I've read has said they aren't a limited release, and Swatch commented on Instagram that they will be available online later.

Great news. Thank you for assuaging my fears! I can certainly wait out the flipping heat then.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Question is will these catch up to demand faster or slower than G-Shock GA-2100's? And which model will be the equivalent of the black on black version of the G-Shock? :)