As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Post your current collection! - SOTC Thread

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: Post your current collection! - SOTC Thread

Post by whoagorgeous »

Did some reorganization but here’s most of my main watches.
I do not include most of my digitals or timex’s, as they’re all over the place.

1) Borealis Neptune
2) Eterna KonTiki bronze
3) Christopher Ward C60 GMT
4) Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
5) Seiko Marinemaster MM300
6) Seiko Mod MantaRay dial

7) Omega Speedmaster

8) Seiko SNZH57 Mod FF dial
9) G-Shock NASA square
10) Hamilton Khaki quartz
11) Oris Big Crown Pointer Date
12) Junghans Meister Driver chronograph
13) Junghans Max Bill
Landed_Alien
MoT Member

Post by Landed_Alien »

I’m well overdue to post my SOTC for 2022.

In fact, I’m well overdue to post anything on the forum this year. Sorry, things got more busy for me personally and posting regularly to threads like the WRUW every day was just one of the things that I put on hold. I still catch-up on the bargain thread when I can, I haven’t stopped enjoying my own watches, but things have definitely slowed down a little.

My last STOC was Jan 2021. I added a few big pieces early last year, but in the last 12 months I've just been picking up some fun G-Shocks. I’ve just not seen anything super enticing recently, at least not something I could just walk in and pickup.

Here’s what I added since the last SOTC:
1. Grand Seiko SBGW231 (manual wind 37mm cream dial)
2. Grand Seiko SBGN003 (9F quartz GMT)
3. Rolex Explorer 214270 (39mm)
4. Junghans Max Bill Auto (bought from Stretch44)
5. Tudor Black Bay 58 (Blue)

and then the recent explosion in G-Shocks to satiate my watch buying thirst:
6. DW-5600LS-7 (white/orange jelly)
7. DW-5600LS-2 (blue/green jelly)
8. GMW-B5000RD-4ER (red metal)
9. DW-5600RB-3 (green 5600)
10. DW-5600RB-2 (blue 5600)
11. GLX-5600RT-4 (orange GLX tide)
12. GLX-5600RT-9 (yellow GLX tide)
13. GWM-5610NASA4 (NASA orange 5610)

I didn’t part ways with any, just kept adding. I’ve been wanting to, but again was just too busy. I’ll list the ones I’m looking to offload at the bottom of the post as I’m hoping to carve off the time and get this done.

Okay, well here’s the photos...
20220911_161552.jpg
20220911_162042.jpg
20220911_161054.jpg

I feel very lucky that I managed to get many of the aspirations I had 18 months ago in my last SOTC. I only have two watches I’m really looking to add if I get the chance:
1. Rolex OP 36mm in pink - I’ve been on the waiting list for over a year and I don't think there's a chance of me getting the call anytime soon.
2. Tudor Pelagos 39mm - I just put my name down on the waitlist last week. I’m not in any rush for it.

Some of my other wishlist watches that I’m more on the fence for are:
3. Cartier Santos Medium
4. Omega Aqua Terra 38mm red sunburst
5. Omega Globemaster 39mm white dial
6. Lots more Grand Seikos

And here’s the ones that are still in my hands right now, but I think I’ll sell soon. I still really like all of them, but I just don’t wear them. Strangely I don’t feel guilty about not wearing the G-shocks as they’re more fun toys to collect. But even if I sell all these below, I’ll still have about 20 which is a lot. I managed to sell off 6 before the last SOTC, but bought another 5 heavy hitters (excluding G-Shocks). At least if I manage to sell these, I’ll be back down to 2 watch boxes (not including my G-shocks). DM me if there’s any of these that interest you and I’ll give you first dibs before I list them.
20220911_180538.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Glad to see this thread get some action again. Great collection @Landed_Alien.
I'll be curious to see that Junghans show up in the Sales Bazaar.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Landed_Alien wrote:I’m well overdue to post my SOTC for 2022.

In fact, I’m well overdue to post anything on the forum this year. Sorry, things got more busy for me personally and posting regularly to threads like the WRUW every day was just one of the things that I put on hold. I still catch-up on the bargain thread when I can, I haven’t stopped enjoying my own watches, but things have definitely slowed down a little.

My last STOC was Jan 2021. I added a few big pieces early last year, but in the last 12 months I've just been picking up some fun G-Shocks. I’ve just not seen anything super enticing recently, at least not something I could just walk in and pickup.

Here’s what I added since the last SOTC:
1. Grand Seiko SBGW231 (manual wind 37mm cream dial)
2. Grand Seiko SBGN003 (9F quartz GMT)
3. Rolex Explorer 214270 (39mm)
4. Junghans Max Bill Auto (bought from Stretch44)
5. Tudor Black Bay 58 (Blue)

and then the recent explosion in G-Shocks to satiate my watch buying thirst:
6. DW-5600LS-7 (white/orange jelly)
7. DW-5600LS-2 (blue/green jelly)
8. GMW-B5000RD-4ER (red metal)
9. DW-5600RB-3 (green 5600)
10. DW-5600RB-2 (blue 5600)
11. GLX-5600RT-4 (orange GLX tide)
12. GLX-5600RT-9 (yellow GLX tide)
13. GWM-5610NASA4 (NASA orange 5610)

I didn’t part ways with any, just kept adding. I’ve been wanting to, but again was just too busy. I’ll list the ones I’m looking to offload at the bottom of the post as I’m hoping to carve off the time and get this done.

Okay, well here’s the photos...
20220911_161552.jpg
20220911_162042.jpg
20220911_161054.jpg

I feel very lucky that I managed to get many of the aspirations I had 18 months ago in my last SOTC. I only have two watches I’m really looking to add if I get the chance:
1. Rolex OP 36mm in pink - I’ve been on the waiting list for over a year and I don't think there's a chance of me getting the call anytime soon.
2. Tudor Pelagos 39mm - I just put my name down on the waitlist last week. I’m not in any rush for it.

Some of my other wishlist watches that I’m more on the fence for are:
3. Cartier Santos Medium
4. Omega Aqua Terra 38mm red sunburst
5. Omega Globemaster 39mm white dial
6. Lots more Grand Seikos

And here’s the ones that are still in my hands right now, but I think I’ll sell soon. I still really like all of them, but I just don’t wear them. Strangely I don’t feel guilty about not wearing the G-shocks as they’re more fun toys to collect. But even if I sell all these below, I’ll still have about 20 which is a lot. I managed to sell off 6 before the last SOTC, but bought another 5 heavy hitters (excluding G-Shocks). At least if I manage to sell these, I’ll be back down to 2 watch boxes (not including my G-shocks). DM me if there’s any of these that interest you and I’ll give you first dibs before I list them.
20220911_180538.jpg
Fantastic collection! Despite not owning any Gs, I absolutely love that color filled watch box!! It just makes me happy.

Side note, dibs on that SKXA35 if you ever want to sell. . .

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk