We're Moving!

Click for more info.

I just can't get past the long island watch logo

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
bc4393
MoT Member

I just can't get past the long island watch logo

Post by bc4393 »

He's making some nice watches at decent prices but that logo is killing me! Good for a website and your inspection gloves in youtube videos, horrible for a watch face. Thanks for listening.
deckeda
MoT Member

Re: I just can't get past the long island watch logo

Post by deckeda »

I’m OK with it. What I don’t understand is the recent inclusion on newer models of the brand name. Seems “reasonable,” most companies do that, but brand names are also logos, and ISLANDER shown in plain font isn’t impressive. It’s also redundant as a brand identifier if using the round logo.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

deckeda wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:26 pm I’m OK with it. What I don’t understand is the recent inclusion on newer models of the brand name. Seems “reasonable,” most companies do that, but brand names are also logos, and ISLANDER shown in plain font isn’t impressive. It’s also redundant as a brand identifier if using the round logo.
--------

And no New York Ranger fan would ever buy one!
fillerbunny
MoT Member

Post by fillerbunny »

deckeda wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:26 pm I’m OK with it. What I don’t understand is the recent inclusion on newer models of the brand name. Seems “reasonable,” most companies do that, but brand names are also logos, and ISLANDER shown in plain font isn’t impressive. It’s also redundant as a brand identifier if using the round logo.
The brand name is on the dial because of the quite vocal group that hates the logo – not entirely unlike some who start threads about how they dislike it.

Marc has been clear that he's not changing the logo, so "at least put the brand name on there" has been a popular request.

No, I don't understand it at all.
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

I agree on the logo. The hand going down to the right gives a ‘decreasing’ impression, which is not the greatest. Would much prefer just the word ‘Islander’ on the dial.

That being said, I do like Mark and his site, and have purchased from him a few times.