We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by TheJohnP »

Boourns wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:49 am
TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 pm
Boourns wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:21 pm

Never heard of it but now I want one :lol:

https://limawatch.com/product-category/watch/meca/
Super cool! The want is stronger. Enjoy it!
If I can track down a similarly good deal on the Meca01, the one I would prefer, I'll check with you first if you want to take the Meca02 off my hands. ;)
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Wrong place

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mplsabdullah on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 am Zodiac ZO9269 Super SEA Wolf Steel Silver & Green Automatic Mens Watch
$925 sold by Rivers Edge Jewelers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PRXWL ... 2J82&psc=1
ZO9269_main.jpg

Did you pick one up or did you post this in the wrong thread?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

TheJohnP wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:55 am Zodiac ZO9269 Super SEA Wolf Steel Silver & Green Automatic Mens Watch
$925 sold by Rivers Edge Jewelers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PRXWL ... 2J82&psc=1
ZO9269_main.jpg

Did you pick one up or did you post this in the wrong thread?
Wrong thread, lol.
Just posted in the right one as well now [emoji106]

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Got an email that my Shorokhoff just finished assembly, going through final testing now and then it should be shipped this week too

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Got an email that my Shorokhoff just finished assembly, going through final testing now and then it should be shipped this week too

Looks great

I really need to try one from AS. I like many of the designs. Just waiting for design and price meet at a place I'm comfortable with

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:10 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:Got an email that my Shorokhoff just finished assembly, going through final testing now and then it should be shipped this week too

Looks great

I really need to try one from AS. I like many of the designs. Just waiting for design and price meet at a place I'm comfortable with

I was originally planning on getting the blue model 63 but opted for this because the movement is bit more "special". If the regulator model movements had as much hand finishing as this I maybe would have gotten one of them, but I'm happy with my choice. I did ask if Alexander could assemble mine but he was busy I think with new models so we'll see what happens when it arrives
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:10 pm

Looks great

I was originally planning on getting the blue model 63 but opted for this because the movement is bit more "special". If the regulator model movements had as much hand finishing as this I maybe would have gotten one of them, but I'm happy with my choice. I did ask if Alexander could assemble mine but he was busy I think with new models so we'll see what happens when it arrives
You've got me interested.

What's the lug to lug top to bottom?How does it wear? Dial glossy or flat? What's that pusher for?

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:15 am
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
mplsabdullah wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:10 pm Looks great

What's the lug to lug top to bottom?How does it wear? Dial glossy or flat? What's that pusher for?

It's 43mm diameter, I measure about 50mm lug to lug, the case part itself is under 12.5mm, with the dome crystal then about 13mm. The dial is more like 37mm, it has a 22mm lug width, I've also included a side by side the kontiki date because I think you own that too.

Dial is either a lacquered or enamel black with a dark brown sunburst below that you only see in extreme lighting. 99% of the time it looks inky black. The pusher advances the date, it's a poljot 2627 that was taken apart, modified, cleaned, etc by AS. Because it's an old movement the day doesn't quick set so you need to either go a full week around or do the back and forth method to quickset it. I'm still getting used to that aspect.

On wrist it definitely is a bigger watch, but once you get used to it after a couple days it wears well. It has 2 strap positions so I moved mine to the closer position with the curved strap and it wears much better now. My wrist is 7" fyi and I can pull it off. Maybe nothing larger than this though, certainly not their 46mm stuff.

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: I was originally planning on getting the blue model 63 but opted for this because the movement is bit more "special". If the regulator model movements had as much hand finishing as this I maybe would have gotten one of them, but I'm happy with my choice. I did ask if Alexander could assemble mine but he was busy I think with new models so we'll see what happens when it arrives

It's 43mm diameter, I measure about 50mm lug to lug, the case part itself is under 12.5mm, with the dome crystal then about 13mm. The dial is more like 37mm, it has a 22mm lug width, I've also included a side by side the kontiki date because I think you own that too.

Dial is either a lacquered or enamel black with a dark brown sunburst below that you only see in extreme lighting. 99% of the time it looks inky black. The pusher advances the date, it's a poljot 2627 that was taken apart, modified, cleaned, etc by AS. Because it's an old movement the day doesn't quick set so you need to either go a full week around or do the back and forth method to quickset it. I'm still getting used to that aspect.

On wrist it definitely is a bigger watch, but once you get used to it after a couple days it wears well. It has 2 strap positions so I moved mine to the closer position with the curved strap and it wears much better now. My wrist is 7" fyi and I can pull it off. Maybe nothing larger than this though, certainly not their 46mm stuff.

Thanks for the detailed reply and pics. How similar does it wear to the kontiki?

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply and pics. How similar does it wear to the kontiki?

Wears bigger than the kontiki date, but if you've ever owned the regular 42mm kontiki 3 hand then that's what it feels like
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:16 pm
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

Wears bigger than the kontiki date, but if you've ever owned the regular 42mm kontiki 3 hand then that's what it feels like. I still think it's a manageable size for an average wrist. When I opened it I thought it was big but now I'm used to it's "wrist presence"

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

There's a Ball Fireman Racer headed my way. This will be my first watch with tritium and the first with a cyclops.
DSC05852_a496922a-3516-4c6f-88c4-98e842c660c0_900x.jpeg
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sussa wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:31 am There's a Ball Fireman Racer headed my way. This will be my first watch with tritium and the first with a cyclops.

DSC05852_a496922a-3516-4c6f-88c4-98e842c660c0_900x.jpeg
That is a looker! I have the blue brother, and can vouch for the quality (only minor quibbles were the use of a plastic movement spacer and the timing on mine could have been set better (easily corrected). Also the tritium is really cool, and in blue and green. Love never having to charge it. I like the round magnifier on yours better.

Beautiful dials, case work is very good, bracelet quality high, but is a butterfly clasp without micro adjustment. I wear mine on a firehose strap from Aevig.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr