We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Chronosport Sea Quartz 30 History

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Re: Chronosport Sea Quartz 30 History

Post by sobwanhoser »

I got to try on the Sea Quartz 30 prototype at the Momentum Factory Outlet last week = looks great and it feels really good on the wrist!! Wears a bit smaller than the 42mm suggests...
mike0023
Has thanked: 0

Post by mike0023 »

For those of you who picked one of these up, shipping looks to be underway.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

mike0023 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:45 am For those of you who picked one of these up, shipping looks to be underway.
No notification for me yet. I hope it's soon!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

Finally arrived today. Verdict...LOVE IT!
The notable heft of it was surprisingly pleasant. The quick-release rubber strap is also very flexible and comfortable; I like how it incorporates the buckle holes into the design. Excellent, smooth screw-down crown that is easy to grip due to the tapered crown guards. The case feels like a solid nicely-milled block of cold, hard steel :)
At first I thought it was going to be too big for my 6.75 inch wrist - but it sits flat and secure with no lug overhang, and slips under my shirt sleeve.
ImageImage
Rotating the sapphire bezel was a joy - excellent, firm 120-clicks with no playback. The seconds hand also has a solid tick (no noise) with no stutter.

Room on the back for engraving if desired.
The lume was very nice and bright. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts through the night.
This watch begs to get beat up and show all the battle scars over time. I have no issue if this accidentally dings things on occasion.
Never thought I would get into battery-powered quartz watches again, but this one definitely brought me back! Well done, Momentum/St. Mortiz.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TimePeace wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:22 pm Finally arrived today. Verdict...LOVE IT!
The notable heft of it was surprisingly pleasant. The quick-release rubber strap is also very flexible and comfortable; I like how it incorporates the buckle holes into the design. Excellent, smooth screw-down crown that is easy to grip due to the tapered crown guards. The case feels like a solid nicely-milled block of cold, hard steel :)
At first I thought it was going to be too big for my 6.75 inch wrist - but it sits flat and secure with no lug overhang, and slips under my shirt sleeve.
ImageImage
Rotating the sapphire bezel was a joy - excellent, firm 120-clicks with no playback. The seconds hand also has a solid tick (no noise) with no stutter.

Room on the back for engraving if desired.
The lume was very nice and bright. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts through the night.
This watch begs to get beat up and show all the battle scars over time. I have no issue if this accidentally dings things on occasion.
Never thought I would get into battery-powered quartz watches again, but this one definitely brought me back! Well done, Momentum/St. Mortiz.
Looks great! I've read some people had a hard time with the bezel, that the grip wasn't the best. I like seeing another opinion.

Still waiting for mine...

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

Looks great! I've read some people had a hard time with the bezel, that the grip wasn't the best. I like seeing another opinion.

Still waiting for mine...

There's better bezel grips out there for sure - the coin edge on this one is polished, so it is quite smooth. Still nice though.

Your 'Pablo Escobar' will become 'Tom Selleck' soon!
mike0023
Has thanked: 0

Post by mike0023 »

Loving mine so far as well. build like a tank, and all kinds of good looks. The bezel is an issue with mine but i don't think it has anything to do with the grip, it's just super tight. Supposedly will loosen over time. Noticeably heavier than the other monnin type watches i have, but I'm assuming it's all the sapphire.
bc4393
MoT Member

Post by bc4393 »

I'm really regretting not having mine engraved with something like "Thanks for everything. -Robin Masters" I was too in a hurry to order it though.
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

New bracelet to fit the watch, available for $65 but you can get it for $48.75 (25% off) with code ORIGINAL25:

https://momentumwatch.com/products/sea- ... %3D.QvTpeP

Looks like a nice bracelet for the money. Milled clasp, tapered bracelet, solid end links.