We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Pay it Forward

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by Sussa »

18mm resin Speidel replacement strap up for grabs. Measures about 195mm total. Sold as NOS and that seems to be true. An eBay seller mistakenly sent the wrong band and told me to keep it, but I don't have a good watch for it. Will send globally via the cheapest option available.
PXL_20210203_211207696.jpg
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Sussa wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm 18mm resin Speidel replacement strap up for grabs. Measures about 195mm total. Sold as NOS and that seems to be true. An eBay seller mistakenly sent the wrong band and told me to keep it, but I don't have a good watch for it. Will send globally via the cheapest option available.

Sussa... is this still available? if so... it should fit one of my digital casios very nicely.

[mention]ManOnTime[/mention]

A few weeks ago my brother which is now flying big boy planes; told me he was interesting in a ProTek. I PIF'd him the Casio which is really almost a Protek minus the atomic time keeping. It is now an International Watch!

ImageCasio Pilot by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Wolfsatz wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:15 pm
Sussa wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 pm 18mm resin Speidel replacement strap up for grabs. Measures about 195mm total. Sold as NOS and that seems to be true. An eBay seller mistakenly sent the wrong band and told me to keep it, but I don't have a good watch for it. Will send globally via the cheapest option available.

Sussa... is this still available? if so... it should fit one of my digital casios very nicely.

@ManOnTime

A few weeks ago my brother which is now flying big boy planes; told me he was interesting in a ProTek. I PIF'd him the Casio which is really almost a Protek minus the atomic time keeping. It is now an International Watch!

That's cool! 8-)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Wolfsatz wrote:

[mention]ManOnTime[/mention]

Has he mentioned how accurate it is?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

BATMAN wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm
Wolfsatz wrote:

@ManOnTime

He hasn't... but I'll ask out of curiosity. It was pretty accurate when comparing to my atomic acurite on my living room wall... but mainly compared change in barometric pressure.. never really tested the altimeter.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Wolfsatz wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:15 pm

PM me your address and it’s yours.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Wolfsatz wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:57 pm
BATMAN wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm
Wolfsatz wrote:

@ManOnTime

He hasn't... but I'll ask out of curiosity. It was pretty accurate when comparing to my atomic acurite on my living room wall... but mainly compared change in barometric pressure.. never really tested the altimeter.
So.. my brother reports 'close' accuracy.. but he did not get into details how close. He said he was going to do another test while in flight.

ImageAve by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageHome town by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Wolfsatz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:34 pm
BATMAN wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm Has he mentioned how accurate it is?

So.. my brother reports 'close' accuracy.. but he did not get into details how close. He said he was going to do another test while in flight.

Ok Last update.. and you be the judge as to how good this is .. baro pretty smiilar.

ImageIn Flight by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited by Wolfsatz on Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Wolfsatz wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Ok Last update.. and you be the judge as to how good this is

Impressive!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

Wolfsatz wrote:

Ok Last update.. and you be the judge as to how good this is .. baro pretty smiilar.

That's amazing. Big thank you. I have the digital only version of this watch. I guess I gotta get my pilot's license now.

Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

Last edited by Miggyd87 on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Southern_Horology

Post by Southern_Horology »

What a cool thread idea. Sorry, I'm new here. I have TONS of spare parts collecting dust. I'll try and post something up soon.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Southern_Horology wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am What a cool thread idea. Sorry, I'm new here. I have TONS of spare parts collecting dust. I'll try and post something up soon.
Welcome to MoT! and yes, it is a very cool thread that just keep giving! the more the merrier!
Southern_Horology

Post by Southern_Horology »

Wolfsatz wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:19 pm
Southern_Horology wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am What a cool thread idea. Sorry, I'm new here. I have TONS of spare parts collecting dust. I'll try and post something up soon.
Welcome to MoT! and yes, it is a very cool thread that just keep giving! the more the merrier!
Thank you!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

When I was cleaning out my old work cube, I found this extra USB powered LED cube.
Through some Amazon shipping issues, ended up with two of these and forgot about it.
I didn't need two then, don't need two now. So whomever wants it, it's yours.

This bamboo cube has a blue LED and shows the time, date, temp, and has two alarm modes.
Can be powered by a battery, USB port, or plugged into an outlet.

Amazon listing if you want to see more specs and whatnot:

Pics of the item in box and two pics showing how it looks when plugged in.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find