As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Pay it Forward

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
cheesetime
MoT Member

Re: Pay it Forward

Post by cheesetime »

Please disregard. Error in post.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Hey all, here is a watch lot of old, mostly quartz watches that were my parents'. They have gone full Fitbit and no longer use them. I've had them for like 2 years now and haven't done anything with them, so it's time to see if someone can get some use out of them. All the quartz watches need new batteries and could use a good cleaning. I can't guarantee that any of them (except the Timex) work because it has probably been 5-10 years since they had a good battery in them.

Two are for sure women's watches. One is an old and VERY small (17mm wide w/o crown by 14mm tall) square citizen quartz that may need a new crystal or at least some quality time with polywatch (though honestly I don't know if its plastic or mineral). The other is a two tone Seiko, which is 20mm excl. crown, and in good shape.

Then we have a tank shape Citizen SQ that could be either a vintage size men's watch or women's. It's approx. 24mm x 26mm. Grimy but in good shape overall.

Next is a Seiko digital/analog. It is about 32mm square. The movement stamp on the back is H601 so I'll call this the Dress Upside Down Arnie. It needs a good cleaning, and the gold tone on the bracelet is starting to wear off. (Honestly If there was a way to strip the gold off to the base metal color I'd do that and keep it).

Finally there's a hand wind Timex. It actually keeps decent time! It's 25mm without crown. I thought about keeping this for my kid, but it would still be years before he's ready for it.

I would love for these to all go to the same place. As usual, cheap, slow shipping on me.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Boourns wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am Hey all, here is a watch lot of old, mostly quartz watches that were my parents'. They have gone full Fitbit and no longer use them. I've had them for like 2 years now and haven't done anything with them, so it's time to see if someone can get some use out of them. All the quartz watches need new batteries and could use a good cleaning. I can't guarantee that any of them (except the Timex) work because it has probably been 5-10 years since they had a good battery in them.

Two are for sure women's watches. One is an old and VERY small (17mm wide w/o crown by 14mm tall) square citizen quartz that may need a new crystal or at least some quality time with polywatch (though honestly I don't know if its plastic or mineral). The other is a two tone Seiko, which is 20mm excl. crown, and in good shape.

Then we have a tank shape Citizen SQ that could be either a vintage size men's watch or women's. It's approx. 24mm x 26mm. Grimy but in good shape overall.

Next is a Seiko digital/analog. It is about 32mm square. The movement stamp on the back is H601 so I'll call this the Dress Upside Down Arnie. It needs a good cleaning, and the gold tone on the bracelet is starting to wear off. (Honestly If there was a way to strip the gold off to the base metal color I'd do that and keep it).

Finally there's a hand wind Timex. It actually keeps decent time! It's 25mm without crown. I thought about keeping this for my kid, but it would still be years before he's ready for it.

I would love for these to all go to the same place. As usual, cheap, slow shipping on me.
I'll be willing to dingle and twinkle with the Seiko. Looks nice. Hopefully I can bring it back to life. Don't care much for the bracelet..but should wear nicely on at black leather strap.
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Wolfsatz wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:01 pm
Boourns wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am Hey all, here is a watch lot of old, mostly quartz watches that were my parents'. They have gone full Fitbit and no longer use them. I've had them for like 2 years now and haven't done anything with them, so it's time to see if someone can get some use out of them. All the quartz watches need new batteries and could use a good cleaning. I can't guarantee that any of them (except the Timex) work because it has probably been 5-10 years since they had a good battery in them.

I'll be willing to dingle and twinkle with the Seiko. Looks nice. Hopefully I can bring it back to life. Don't care much for the bracelet..but should wear nicely on at black leather strap.
I presume you mean the men's Seiko? It's yours. I'll ship it out this weekend.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

And [mention]Wolfsatz[/mention] claims another.
The cube will be shipped out on Monday.
Thanks all!

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:44 pm When I was cleaning out my old work cube, I found this extra USB powered LED cube.
Through some Amazon shipping issues, ended up with two of these and forgot about it.
I didn't need two then, don't need two now. So whomever wants it, it's yours.

This bamboo cube has a blue LED and shows the time, date, temp, and has two alarm modes.
Can be powered by a battery, USB port, or plugged into an outlet.

Amazon listing if you want to see more specs and whatnot:

Pics of the item in box and two pics showing how it looks when plugged in.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Free F-91W to a good home. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2528

Edit: sold elsewhere.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Free* to a good home. Casio Edifice EFA-121D-1AVEF.

*All I ask is that you be an active member with 50 or more posts.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:58 am Free* to a good home. Casio Edifice EFA-121D-1AVEF.

This is a pretty fantastic watch. Whoever claims this will enjoy it.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

That Edifice is pretty cool, but I am guessing 44-46mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:58 am Free* to a good home. Casio Edifice EFA-121D-1AVEF.

Still available. It's a biggun, but really cool.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Free to a good home that USPS considers domestic: 8GB of DDR4-3200 RAM for a laptop. Just pulled from a Lenovo Legion 5, but can be used in any laptop that uses DDR4.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Sporkboy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:29 pm That Edifice is pretty cool, but I am guessing 44-46mm?
I had this bad boy and it wears pretty well for being on the larger side. It's almost 45mm wide, but still less than 49mm l2l. https://www.casio-europe.com/euro/produ ... 21d-1avef/

Here it is on my ~6.75 wrist. The perspective in this shot makes it look a tad bigger than it wears.

kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

Free to a good home, Mido baseball cap. Unworn but on the older side. I'll pay shipping in the US, Canada or international I ask that you please cover shipping (though I doubt it would be worth your while). Pickup in the Baltimore area would be welcome!
Thanks!
Q

IMG_6492.JPG
IMG_6492.JPG (29.33 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG (24.67 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
IMG_6495.JPG
IMG_6495.JPG (24.53 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Post by Wolfsatz »

Happy Summer!!

Is this beauty still up for grabs?
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Wolfsatz wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:04 pm

Happy Summer!!

Is this beauty still up for grabs?
It sure is. Send me your address if you'd like it.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT