We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Split-Time »

Today I put my 007 back on the factory jubilee. [mention]denormalize[/mention] mentioned that he was inspired to do so by [mention]yinzburgher[/mention]‘s post yesterday. It so jangly that it is fun. Plus, I had it on an oyster and have a 013 on a president...and those are just similar enough that I really enjoyed this change (if you can call it that).

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:Today I put my 007 back on the factory jubilee. [mention]denormalize[/mention] mentioned that he was inspired to do so by [mention]yinzburgher[/mention]‘s post yesterday. It so jangly that it is fun. Plus, I had it on an oyster and have a 013 on a president...and those are just similar enough that I really enjoyed this change (if you can call it that).

By far one of my favorite bracelets. It's just so comfy and perfect. And jangley. In a good way [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

My Seiko Saturday with my favorite Turtle. Will most likely swap eventually, but I am still living this one.
ImageImage

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Split-Time wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm Today I put my 007 back on the factory jubilee. @denormalize mentioned that he was inspired to do so by @yinzburgher‘s post yesterday. It so jangly that it is fun. Plus, I had it on an oyster and have a 013 on a president...and those are just similar enough that I really enjoyed this change (if you can call it that).

Looking good [mention]Split-Time[/mention] 8-) I've rarely worn my SKX since I got my Promaster but the jube is what made me wanna wear it again the other day. The stock bracelet just has superb drapage... :? I mean drapagery.... :? :?

While we're on the topic of Seiko bracelets, if anyone has experience with Uncle Seiko bracelets I'd be interested in your opinion. I've been thinking about picking up a Prez or more likely a Jube for my SARB033. Even if you don't really know what you're talking about or you just make some **** up, I'd be like "Man, those Legionaires really are a helpful lot. Such a nice folk...."

Also, I'm sneaking in under the wire for Seiko Saturday with the SBDCNSFWOMGROFLMAOJKIDGAFYOLOLOL053 with added vanilla scented compliance.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

yinzburgher wrote:
Split-Time wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm Today I put my 007 back on the factory jubilee. @denormalize mentioned that he was inspired to do so by @yinzburgher‘s post yesterday. It so jangly that it is fun. Plus, I had it on an oyster and have a 013 on a president...and those are just similar enough that I really enjoyed this change (if you can call it that).

Looking good [mention]Split-Time[/mention] 8-) I've rarely worn my SKX since I got my Promaster but the jube is what made me wanna wear it again the other day. The stock bracelet just has superb drapage... :? I mean drapagery.... :? :?

While we're on the topic of Seiko bracelets, if anyone has experience with Uncle Seiko bracelets I'd be interested in your opinion. I've been thinking about picking up a Prez or more likely a Jube for my SARB033. Even if you don't really know what you're talking about or you just make some **** up, I'd be like "Man, those Legionaires really are a helpful lot. Such a nice folk...."

Also, I'm sneaking in under the wire for Seiko Saturday with the SBDCNSFWOMGROFLMAOJKIDGAFYOLOLOL053 with added vanilla scented compliance.

Well I did some testing for you and I can tell you that the crystal times 20mm jubilee for the 013 does NOT fit. A cheapo generic jubilee with folded End links can be made to fit, but isn't the best.

I like my Uncle Seiko bracelets. I have a BOR on a samurai, an oyster on an SKX and an H link for my Pogue. All of them are nice, but a bit pricey. They feel solid and the SELs fit snug. The clasps can be a weakness, but not that bad. I am wondering if the Islander SARB homage bracelets fit.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 pm
yinzburgher wrote:

Looking good @Split-Time 8-) I've rarely worn my SKX since I got my Promaster but the jube is what made me wanna wear it again the other day. The stock bracelet just has superb drapage... :? I mean drapagery.... :? :?

Well I did some testing for you and I can tell you that the crystal times 20mm jubilee for the 013 does NOT fit. A cheapo generic jubilee with folded End links can be made to fit, but isn't the best.

I like my Uncle Seiko bracelets. I have a BOR on a samurai, an oyster on an SKX and an H link for my Pogue. All of them are nice, but a bit pricey. They feel solid and the SELs fit snug. The clasps can be a weakness, but not that bad. I am wondering if the Islander SARB homage bracelets fit.

Thanks for checking man! If I knew of a generic jubilee with a half decent clasp and folded end links with a good fit I might consider that. Strapcode is too rich for my blood and always come with that monster clasp. I was mostly thinking about US bc I plan to also order a 20mm GL831 at some point. His jube is $69 minus 10%.....unfortunately not SEL but that might still work fine for me. It doesn't look like LIW is selling the Islander SARB braclets separately at the moment. I think that homage case is thinner but it might still fit. He does have a FEL jube for the DressKX though....$59. That might be another option. Worth an email anyway. I'll have to do some Googlin'....see what else is out there.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Showing off that beautiful lume and signed crown
PXL_20210509_160030582.jpg
PXL_20210426_170202374.jpg
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. We're at my in laws for brunch. I did Eggs Benedict for my wife, my MIL, and Wife's grandma. Nice to celebrate a holiday like before the pandemic.

Started the day off with the Oris with signed crown compliance. Switched to the Reverso and still compliant with the signed crown.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Mini-vacation check-in.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Evening switch.Image
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sussa wrote:Showing off that beautiful lume and signed crown
PXL_20210509_160030582.jpg
PXL_20210426_170202374.jpg
That lume is awesome!!! I especially love the numerals. So So good.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Evening switch.Image
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Well played. And Awesome.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Signed crown Sunday compliant and carnivore compliant. Getting this San Martin in hand has motivated me to get my ish together and get the MoT/LWDS watch back on track. The quality is unreal for the money. The rivet bracelet it came on is nice, but I am jubileeing all the watches still.
ImageImage

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Mod Monday.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody