We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Wolfsatz
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Wolfsatz »

MoT Compiant

Even Cat Woman is impressed
ImageUntitled by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
:arrow:... What time is it? :mrgreen:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Proud Son Compliant. My mom just sent me a freaking wrist shot of the Hammy I gave her!!! She's on vacation in cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard right now. So proud of her [emoji18]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Happy Tuesday, Legion! Started the day with my Speedy for Tool watch Tuesday compliance then switched to the BSH for 3-6-9 compliance for the BSH crew. Probably have another change shortly. Love working from home because my watch drawer is only a few steps away.

Working from home also enables browsing the webs for stuff to buy. I didn't buy a watch, but I did buy the new R2-D2 Lego. Then, I got a notification that the Playstation 5 was in stock at Gamestop. I was actually able to order one and have that incoming. I got it to play the Final Fantasy VII Remake and F1 2021. On that note, @Dub_Rubb, what's your set up?
I am an Xbox guy now, used to be a PS guy but switched early on when I found Forza, and they had MKII Vws and corrados. I am using a Fanatec CSL elite setup, that would also work for the PS5. I started with madcatz and then thrustmaster, moved on to Logitech and settled on Fanatec's base model. Their base model is crazy good with brushless motors and 1080° steering and should become cheaper once they release their direct drive later this year. There is also stupid levels of upgrading possible that can make watch buying seem cheap. From hydraulic pedals and handbrakes to direct drive wheelbase. I have found then not to be necessary for the casual gamer, but have found their base equipment to be leaps and bounds better than what I was used to.

I do also have an older Fanatec setup for the xbox360 complete with wheels, pedals, and 6spd shifter as well as a Seperate up/down shifter. It was compatible with xbox360, PS3, PS4 and PC. There is a good chance it's compatible with PS5 as well since Sony said the old stuff would work. If you want to give it a shot, you can have at it bud. I may be missing one or two cables, but those can easily be sourced. It's just sitting in storage unloved.

Dang, that's one hell of progression! I'm definitely a casual gamer and I don't see that changing with life, kids, work, etc. I'll take you up on the fanatec offer.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm
Stretch44 wrote:Happy Tuesday, Legion! Started the day with my Speedy for Tool watch Tuesday compliance then switched to the BSH for 3-6-9 compliance for the BSH crew. Probably have another change shortly. Love working from home because my watch drawer is only a few steps away.

Working from home also enables browsing the webs for stuff to buy. I didn't buy a watch, but I did buy the new R2-D2 Lego. Then, I got a notification that the Playstation 5 was in stock at Gamestop. I was actually able to order one and have that incoming. I got it to play the Final Fantasy VII Remake and F1 2021. On that note, @Dub_Rubb, what's your set up?
I am an Xbox guy now, used to be a PS guy but switched early on when I found Forza, and they had MKII Vws and corrados. I am using a Fanatec CSL elite setup, that would also work for the PS5. I started with madcatz and then thrustmaster, moved on to Logitech and settled on Fanatec's base model. Their base model is crazy good with brushless motors and 1080° steering and should become cheaper once they release their direct drive later this year. There is also stupid levels of upgrading possible that can make watch buying seem cheap. From hydraulic pedals and handbrakes to direct drive wheelbase. I have found then not to be necessary for the casual gamer, but have found their base equipment to be leaps and bounds better than what I was used to.

I do also have an older Fanatec setup for the xbox360 complete with wheels, pedals, and 6spd shifter as well as a Seperate up/down shifter. It was compatible with xbox360, PS3, PS4 and PC. There is a good chance it's compatible with PS5 as well since Sony said the old stuff would work. If you want to give it a shot, you can have at it bud. I may be missing one or two cables, but those can easily be sourced. It's just sitting in storage unloved.

Dang, that's one hell of progression! I'm definitely a casual gamer and I don't see that changing with life, kids, work, etc. I'll take you up on the fanatec offer.
Well hey, cut me some slack! The madcatz was back in the PS2 days! We are talking 20 years ago by now! Feel old yet? Cuz I do [emoji23]

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:58 pm
Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm I am an Xbox guy now, used to be a PS guy but switched early on when I found Forza, and they had MKII Vws and corrados. I am using a Fanatec CSL elite setup, that would also work for the PS5. I started with madcatz and then thrustmaster, moved on to Logitech and settled on Fanatec's base model. Their base model is crazy good with brushless motors and 1080° steering and should become cheaper once they release their direct drive later this year. There is also stupid levels of upgrading possible that can make watch buying seem cheap. From hydraulic pedals and handbrakes to direct drive wheelbase. I have found then not to be necessary for the casual gamer, but have found their base equipment to be leaps and bounds better than what I was used to.

Well hey, cut me some slack! The madcatz was back in the PS2 days! We are talking 20 years ago by now! Feel old yet? Cuz I do [emoji23]

I've been an Xbox fanboi since the very first Xbox. When the 360 came out I completely modded the OG into a retro gaming machine. I wish I still had it.

I'm still on the hunt for a Series X or Series S, and I hope to get one before Forza Horizon 5 comes out. I love all the Forza series, but there is something about cruising around an open map, listening to some tunes (or just the engines) that I find really relaxing.

I wouldn't mind picking up a wheel/pedal setup either.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

I had a PS1 and PS2 then had a Xbox 360. Haven't had a console since then other than the switch I just picked up. That's basically my son's though.

I really want to play the Final Fantasy remake and that was the main motivator. Stoked about racing games. I texted my brother-in-law and he was jealous. He said he gave up trying to get a PS5; guess I just got lucky. He has the Fanatec CSL Elite set up with VR headset. He said its unreal and I'm going to try it out. Here's to another money suck!

Oh, and a watch. Too many posts without one.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:
Stretch44 wrote:

I've been an Xbox fanboi since the very first Xbox. When the 360 came out I completely modded the OG into a retro gaming machine. I wish I still had it.

I'm still on the hunt for a Series X or Series S, and I hope to get one before Forza Horizon 5 comes out. I love all the Forza series, but there is something about cruising around an open map, listening to some tunes (or just the engines) that I find really relaxing.

[emoji817]. While I love some legit Sims, Horizon has a great balance of semi-SIM handling (if you want it) and a glorious open world of car fun. By far my favorite racing series. Sometimes I just want to jam out to some EDM and 12k RPM soundtrack and only horizon can provide that. Really looking forward to driving on the right side of the road next iteration though. Not gonna lie.

Edit: I too am starting to get pissed about not being able to get a series X. I just refuse to pay over retail though. Hopefully soon my brother. Soon.

Last edited by Dub Rubb on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

And my Tool Watch Tuesday compliant watch. Tried to add a Cyclops to the Nereus to highlight that kick ass roulette date wheel. Its also rocking an SKX013 jubilee because it's just Rattly enough and pretty enough to be perfect.

Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

Being Wednesday in Aus - here is my wild card compliance.

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Catching up…

Tuesday Tool Watch compliance:

…and the Wednesday Wildcard on a cooler day:

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:42 pm
Stretch44 wrote:

Breezing through the Walmart electronics section this morning while picking up TP and what do I find? A single Series S sitting on the self.

It's now in my living room waiting to be set up. :D

And now a watch so I don't keep derailing this thread. :lol:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Wildcard Wednesday, plus my video game roots.
PXL_20210728_214438671.jpg
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Started the day with Vintage for OG compliance then switched to the LD, which is still wildcard Wednesday compliant.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Lots of wildcards today. Not quite as dope as that frogger setup though Sussa, and I am jealous of your Xbox pickup Matt. I am still kicking myself for not pre ordering. Anyways, on to my wildcards with some bonus carnivore compliance.

ImageImageImage

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

If it can handle being modded by my clumsy self, it must be tough enough for compliance.
PXL_20210729_185801450.jpg