We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pm Started the day with the KS with some Cat Face compliance, but switched it up for Two Crown Thursday.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
Is Cat Face a munchkin? He/she seems to have short legs and a smashed face. Super cute!
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Tweed! But no compliance.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 pm Started the day with the KS with some Cat Face compliance, but switched it up for Two Crown Thursday.

ImageImageImage

Is Cat Face a munchkin? He/she seems to have short legs and a smashed face. Super cute!
Nope. Legs are pretty normal, he just saw a bird and started to get into attack mode [emoji23]

He's cool though.

Robotaz
MoT Member

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Robotaz »

So, I don’t believe I have mentioned it here, but 2 days ago I unexpectedly had to put my 16-year old foxhound, Angel, to sleep. I found her under an oil well that I was working on in the mountains of east TN in early spring 2006. At the time, I was a desperately broken, hurt, lonely, and lost soul. She was very young still and her ribs were sticking out from starving. I fed her and when I tried to leave on the highway, I looked and she was running down the road behind me. I stopped, opened the door, and the rest was history. Other than my wife, she was the best friend that I have ever had.

There is a huge chunk of me torn out and missing. I’m still trying to talk about it, so please bear with me, and thanks for listening.

Angel Napper: 1/2006 - 1/2022

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 am So, I don’t believe I have mentioned it here, but 2 days ago I unexpectedly had to put my 16-year old foxhound, Angel, to sleep. I found her under an oil well that I was working on in the mountains of east TN in early spring 2006. At the time, I was a desperately broken, hurt, lonely, and lost soul. She was very young still and her ribs were sticking out from starving. I fed her and when I tried to leave on the highway, I looked and she was running down the road behind me. I stopped, opened the door, and the rest was history. Other than my wife, she was the best friend that I have ever had.

There is a huge chunk of me torn out and missing. I’m still trying to talk about it, so please bear with me, and thanks for listening.

That look says it all! She cleared loved you as much as you loved her. I'm sure the life you gave her made her forget her rough start. They just don't stay with us long enough.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Robotaz wrote:So, I don’t believe I have mentioned it here, but 2 days ago I unexpectedly had to put my 16-year old foxhound, Angel, to sleep. I found her under an oil well that I was working on in the mountains of east TN in early spring 2006. At the time, I was a desperately broken, hurt, lonely, and lost soul. She was very young still and her ribs were sticking out from starving. I fed her and when I tried to leave on the highway, I looked and she was running down the road behind me. I stopped, opened the door, and the rest was history. Other than my wife, she was the best friend that I have ever had.

That is an incredible story. I hope as you work through your understandable grief you find some comfort in knowing how much better both of your lives were for having found each other.

The only bad day of pet ownership is the last day and I sympathize with what you’re going through.

Rest In Peace, Angel
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

recapt wrote:
Robotaz wrote: The only bad day of pet ownership is the last day and I sympathize with what you’re going through.
I had not thought about that. It’s true.

Thanks.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Sussa wrote:They just don't stay with us long enough.
That is the truth.

Thanks.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Robotaz wrote:So, I don’t believe I have mentioned it here, but 2 days ago I unexpectedly had to put my 16-year old foxhound, Angel, to sleep. I found her under an oil well that I was working on in the mountains of east TN in early spring 2006. At the time, I was a desperately broken, hurt, lonely, and lost soul. She was very young still and her ribs were sticking out from starving. I fed her and when I tried to leave on the highway, I looked and she was running down the road behind me. I stopped, opened the door, and the rest was history. Other than my wife, she was the best friend that I have ever had.

Thank you for sharing this. Such a great tale and I love that you both had so many great years together. It's never easy, especially the first couple months, but she will always live on in your heart and memories.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:46 am So, I don’t believe I have mentioned it here, but 2 days ago I unexpectedly had to put my 16-year old foxhound, Angel, to sleep. I found her under an oil well that I was working on in the mountains of east TN in early spring 2006. At the time, I was a desperately broken, hurt, lonely, and lost soul. She was very young still and her ribs were sticking out from starving. I fed her and when I tried to leave on the highway, I looked and she was running down the road behind me. I stopped, opened the door, and the rest was history. Other than my wife, she was the best friend that I have ever had.

I'm going through a loss myself at the moment, so my sympathy for you is especially acute. I'm sorry to read this, and I'm sorry you're suffering. :cry:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:

I'm going through a loss myself at the moment, so my sympathy for you is especially acute. I'm sorry to read this, and I'm sorry you're suffering. :cry:
Sorry to hear that, Matt. I’ll be thinking of you. I hope for brighter days ahead. It’s literally riding through a tunnel waiting to get to the light.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

What a beauty.
There's really no words.
She'll always be a part of you.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I’m so sorry that you lost your friend. Most of us know that the hurt is real, so you do not have to try to explain yourself. For those who don’t know that the hurt it real, well, they haven’t been lucky enough to have had that special bond in their life. You unquestionably not only saved her life but also made it immeasurably better...and you always remember that!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Fri-dive has been on my wrist since early this morning, but work has been so nuts that I didn’t even think about it until this evening.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

So sorry for your loss. Our pets are truly family members and it's heartbreaking when we lose them.