We're Moving!

Click for more info.

LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Late check in. Wore the Denim Railmaster. I also did a little window shopping and almost picked up a Santos. May still get it tomorrow. Also tried on a couple Primeros. They are absolutely gorgeous in person. I almost bought the blue one. Also Falcon update, only four more steps.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Robotaz wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:02 pm I don’t drink wine, but if I did, I’d want a ho-killing, drug-dealing rapper to make it for me. lol

Doesn’t Snoop Dog drink gin and juice?
You must have been under the same rock as me for the last 20 plus years. Snoop has a new best friend and her name is Martha Stewart ;). Not kidding. I only discovered this around Christmas.

Not compliant again today, but will probably be hanging with Snoop again later.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Split-Time wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:02 pm I don’t drink wine, but if I did, I’d want a ho-killing, drug-dealing rapper to make it for me. lol

Doesn’t Snoop Dog drink gin and juice?
You must have been under the same rock as me for the last 20 plus years. Snoop has a new best friend and her name is Martha Stewart ;). Not kidding. I only discovered this around Christmas.

Not compliant again today, but will probably be hanging with Snoop again later.

Seems like they were on a TV show together.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Happy Saturday Legion. Started the day off with Seiko compliance. Still working on my shelves, but almost done. Took a break in the middle of the day and this happened.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Story time.

Yesterday was a Somber Seiko Saturday. It was my FILs funeral and despite knowing him just 7 years, he became one of my closest people. I feel SO lucky to have known him, and he is honestly a person that I can only hope to be 25% as awesome/loving/selfless/and just plain cool as he was. I mean dude packed the church today with more people than christmas eve. Did more good for others than I could ever hope to achieve, and had a great time while doing it.

We bonded quickly over sports, bourbon, cars, music, the list goes on. But he also saw my love of watches and showed me some of his. I have two great watch tales to share.

For his birthday, I was gonna give him a SARB033, and bought it. But he had big wrists. I had recently purchased a Certina DS PH200 from a bro of the BSH and decided it would be a good fit. Upon him opening it, I started to explain that Certina is a legit swiss brand, they have been around etc. He told me to wait a second and left the room. He came back holding his dads watch from the 50s. It was a Certina!!! Crazy coincidence and he wore it all the time.

Story 2

One Father’s day, I built both him and my dad modded 8926s(debranded of course). His was a FFF dial with Golden State Warriors(his favorite team) colors for the bezel and hands. While chatting it up, my dad (a WIS) brought up that it had a Seiko movement. He again said, “hold up” and left the room. He came back with a Seiko he had bought on base a long time ago. It was a Pogue!!! He clearly saw my eyes light up and I explained the significance of the watch to him.

Next year on my birthday, I open up his present. It’s a citizen box! Cool! I don’t have an ecodrive! Inside? The Pogue!!! Best. Gift. Ever.

He would always wear one of the Seikos I gave him on Saturdays because he knew about compliance rules and was just that cool.

I could go on forever about the impact he has had and just how cool he was, but this pic pretty much sums it up.

This was a pic he texted me with no words, but it was clearly an invitation.

If that isn’t the most boss move ever, I don’t know what is. And he was wearing the 8926 I built him!

RIP Bob. You will be so effing missed.

Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

@Dub Rubb
My heart goes out to you and your family I this time of sorrow.

The memories you have are priceless and I hope they are some comfort in this time of need.

Feel free to reach out if I can do anything at all.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:30 pm Story time.

Yesterday was a Somber Seiko Saturday. It was my FILs funeral and despite knowing him just 7 years, he became one of my closest people. I feel SO lucky to have known him, and he is honestly a person that I can only hope to be 25% as awesome/loving/selfless/and just plain cool as he was. I mean dude packed the church today with more people than christmas eve. Did more good for others than I could ever hope to achieve, and had a great time while doing it.

We bonded quickly over sports, bourbon, cars, music, the list goes on. But he also saw my love of watches and showed me some of his. I have two great watch tales to share.

For his birthday, I was gonna give him a SARB033, and bought it. But he had big wrists. I had recently purchased a Certina DS PH200 from a bro of the BSH and decided it would be a good fit. Upon him opening it, I started to explain that Certina is a legit swiss brand, they have been around etc. He told me to wait a second and left the room. He came back holding his dads watch from the 50s. It was a Certina!!! Crazy coincidence and he wore it all the time.

Story 2

One Father’s day, I built both him and my dad modded 8926s(debranded of course). His was a FFF dial with Golden State Warriors(his favorite team) colors for the bezel and hands. While chatting it up, my dad (a WIS) brought up that it had a Seiko movement. He again said, “hold up” and left the room. He came back with a Seiko he had bought on base a long time ago. It was a Pogue!!! He clearly saw my eyes light up and I explained the significance of the watch to him.

Next year on my birthday, I open up his present. It’s a citizen box! Cool! I don’t have an ecodrive! Inside? The Pogue!!! Best. Gift. Ever.

He would always wear one of the Seikos I gave him on Saturdays because he knew about compliance rules and was just that cool.

I could go on forever about the impact he has had and just how cool he was, but this pic pretty much sums it up.

This was a pic he texted me with no words, but it was clearly an invitation.

If that isn’t the most boss move ever, I don’t know what is. And he was wearing the 8926 I built him!

RIP Bob. You will be so effing missed.
My condolences Dub. Your FIL sounds like he was one hell of cool guy.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

That is an awesome pic he sent you, Dub. Very sorry for your family’s loss.

I look at that photo and would do anything for my in-laws to appreciate me like that. You had something special for sure.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I’m so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, @Dub Rubb. Sounds like a wonderful man. This must be very hard on your wife, and I will keep you all in my prayers.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Finally compliant on the third day of the same watch. Signed crown not shown ;)

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Not a signed crown, but it does have a jewel in it. Also, finally finished the Falcon.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Mod Monday as the Woolbrook still has the cheap universal bracelet from the bottom of my watch things box. It works. Too bad you can’t see it here :lol: Image
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Started the day with vintage Timex Tuesday. Then switch up to the Santos. It's tool watch since it was created for a pilot in the early 1900s right?
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

EO MN strap compliant

NM strap compliant

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

HUISABH compliant again today…