We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Any Tool fans here?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Any Tool fans here?

Post by peskydonut »

Curious to hear thoughts on the new album. Anyone selling their Pateks to go see them on tour?
Living a comeback montage.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Re: Any Tool fans here?

Post by Bbrou33 »

I guess I never check this part of the forum, but I'm a pretty big Tool fan. Have seen them 7 times and that was only after the release of 10,000 days. Sadly, while I liked their music before that, I was maybe too young to see them in their real prime between Aenima and Lateralus.

Anyway, i like their new album. I think it sounds like a Tool album of today. Maynard's voice is shot so long gone are the songs of him holding a note for 10 minutes. But Danny Carey is probably my favorite drummer (I'm a drummer) and he REALLY goes off on some of these songs.
Overall, I like it and have listened to it many times. I sadly won't be catching them on tour I don't think. I have plans already when they come to NYC. I think my brother is going see them in NOLA. They do put on one hell of a laser and visual show.
Insta me: bbrou33
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Tool is one of those rare bands that stayed relevant to my life throughout the decades. I got into them in high school during Aenima/Undertow, saw them tour during Lateralus/10,000 Days, and still find myself listening now with Fear Inoculum. While I still appreciate their angrier older stuff (pre-Lateralus), what I really love is the introspective, insightful, and perhaps more "mature" work that came after Aenima. Lateralus is my all time favorite album (and song).

I think FI is great, but I'm still digesting it. In fact, I might just go listen to Invincible now.

Here's where I've seen them as best as I can remember...

New York (MSG) 2001
Albany (Pepsi Arena) 2002
Las Vegas (Hard Rock) 2006
Denver (Pepsi Center) 2007
Atlantic City (Boardwalk Hall) 2007
Denver (Red Rocks) 2010
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I bought tickets for the Boise show today. Now to figure out how the make this happen. Buy now, justify later. I'm seeing a pattern here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Ok, so I don't think the Boise show is in the cards for me. But they did just announce another show in Colorado in June:

https://www.9news.com/article/entertain ... 6244885013

EDIT: I'm going to try and pass the Boise tickets on to a friend. If he can't make it, I'm probably going to sell them. To be clear, I'm not offering them up for sale here, but I may solicit advice on the mechanics of it. I've sold watches on eBay, but have never sold digital goods (these are e-tickets).