We're Moving!

Click for more info.

General Sports TALK

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: General Sports TALK

Post by MoT »

Lose to the flippin' Lions?!?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:11 pm
Spirit of the Watch wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:07 pm Image
Dude's always been a putz and always will be.
Yeah, he's sensitive about being called sensitive.
He’s little. No NFL guy wants to be known as little. Poor guy.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Looks like the Wild are a... well... oiled machine :lol:

Connor McDavid 97 hockey phenom got to meet Kirill Kaprizov 97 Calder winner and savior of St. Paul.

Also, some serious injuries recently

Thankfully this was a concussion.
https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-trento ... ury-update

This just happened and no update. Prayers up but I'm not doctor and won't pretend to know what happened. However their team reporter has tweeted he is awake and talking at the hospital while he undergoes tests. He did not move and seemed to be unconscious leaving the arena.

And of course our own was hurt. Let us pray for soothing ice to help him in this time.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Robotaz wrote:
Spirit of the Watch wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:11 pm Dude's always been a putz and always will be.
Yeah, he's sensitive about being called sensitive.
He’s little. No NFL guy wants to be known as little. Poor guy.
I should have prefaced my comment.

I actually don’t think he’s little. He’s an NFL QB and can totally beat my ass into the ground.

I just say that because he’s so darned sensitive about it that it’s annoying. Maybe he was small when he was growing up. I don’t know, but his thing over being called small is so silly.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Arizona Coyotes face Dec. 20 lockout from Gila River Arena over unpaid taxes, fees, sources say
The Coyotes have until 5 p.m. local time on Dec. 20 to settle their outstanding totals or the City of Glendale will deny Arizona's personnel and vendors access to the venue.

This is the latest chapter in the Coyotes' arena saga. In August, Arizona was told the City of Glendale was opting out of its lease agreement with the team at the end of this NHL season. Negotiations between the sides had been ongoing on a potential extension but nothing was finalized and either side had the option to exit the deal.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/328 ... eport-says

What is most interesting, is the owner has the money.... He's choosing not to pay.
-William Osler
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:Arizona Coyotes face Dec. 20 lockout from Gila River Arena over unpaid taxes, fees, sources say
The Coyotes have until 5 p.m. local time on Dec. 20 to settle their outstanding totals or the City of Glendale will deny Arizona's personnel and vendors access to the venue.

This is the latest chapter in the Coyotes' arena saga. In August, Arizona was told the City of Glendale was opting out of its lease agreement with the team at the end of this NHL season. Negotiations between the sides had been ongoing on a potential extension but nothing was finalized and either side had the option to exit the deal.

What is most interesting, is the owner has the money.... He's choosing not to pay.
There’s always more to the story when government is involved. Glendale may have a legitimate concern about the team’s use of the arena, which I’m pretty sure started all of this, but you can never tell until a real investigative job is done to tell the truth.

The team claims it was a regretful error on their part and it won’t happen again. They may have been turning the screws on Glendale until they got bad publicity and probably a devaluation over it. The appearance of problems is a bigger cost than $1.3M.

We shall see…
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Robotaz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:20 am
Spirit of the Watch wrote:Arizona Coyotes face Dec. 20 lockout from Gila River Arena over unpaid taxes, fees, sources say

There’s always more to the story when government is involved. Glendale may have a legitimate concern about the team’s use of the arena, which I’m pretty sure started all of this, but you can never tell until a real investigative job is done to tell the truth.

The team claims it was a regretful error on their part and it won’t happen again. They may have been turning the screws on Glendale until they got bad publicity and probably a devaluation over it. The appearance of problems is a bigger cost than $1.3M.

We shall see…
There is the risk of the team relocating to Houston, TX. Although, I don't know. Ice Hockey in the south is give and take. If Arizona has fans, just put the team in Tempe, Arizona like they want.

Although, this team is apparently poorly run and in the past has refused to pay vendors more than a percentage of what they were owed and even had paychecks bounce or paid out late. Not to mention their never-ending problems with the IRS.

I don't agree with the airport suing them over the move to Tempe but this owner needs to get his act together or just sell the team.
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Urban Meyer gets the axe after his uh antics. Personally I did not see it happening this way (you know a 50 year old partying and not being able to handle a single loss, being a pathetic leader, and denying any personal accountability while dismantling the train).

Here is a recap of whatever Urban Meyers legacy in Jax is

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... g-warmups/

I'm not defending Meyer but I will say certain parts of what Lambo said (mostly the Jax legal counsel refusing to speak with him) seems disingenuous. I suspect they might not have cared but I'm sure an overture was made. Legal types never act so careless, especially one's in such a high part of their proffesion (the Jaguars are part of a multi-billion dollar corporation, not a small business).
-William Osler
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Spirit of the Watch wrote:Urban Meyer gets the axe after his uh antics. Personally I did not see it happening this way (you know a 50 year old partying and not being able to handle a single loss, being a pathetic leader, and denying any personal accountability while dismantling the train).

Here is a recap of whatever Urban Meyers legacy in Jax is

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... g-warmups/

I'm not defending Meyer but I will say certain parts of what Lambo said (mostly the Jax legal counsel refusing to speak with him) seems disingenuous. I suspect they might not have cared but I'm sure an overture was made. Legal types never act so careless, especially one's in such a high part of their proffesion (the Jaguars are part of a multi-billion dollar corporation, not a small business).
He never struck me as a good leader and role model. Seemed like a showboat. But I thought Spurrier before him was the same, but more of a bad sport and less of a hot dog like Meyer.

The SEC does not have a sterling finish these days as far as coaches go. Look at Kiffin. Idiot.

I grew up in western KY where all the tornadoes hit and grew up a UK fan. Stoops is a pretty stand up guy. Not perfect. I’ve met him and he’s a little shifty for my personal liking, but he’s done a great job coaching for sure.

But I’m an SEC fan in general. I support them all, but am in no way a fanatic. It’s more the stuff like Meyer tarnishing the league that gets my attention. Glad to see him gone from any team, to be honest.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

I'm so bored without the NHL games I bought in person tickets to the Iowa Wild this week.

Yes, that Iowa Wild. As in the farm team AND I'm dragging non hockey fan coworkers with me to the game. Haha, maybe I need a life outside of sports. Then again I could be a video game addict... might be cheaper though

Also, Fire Zimmer and no they are not making the playoffs
RDT_20211228_205504518224240772592361.jpg
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

48 hours out!!!

Let us know how it goes @ManOnTime !!!
-William Osler
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:13 pm

48 hours out!!!

Let us know how it goes @ManOnTime !!!
I'll do my best to remember to pay attention. :D
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/coyotes-in-adv ... 46216.html

Wow, so high ticket prices (mostly bought by fans of good teams coming to town). Then again the owner is a cheap dolt who kept jerking around with the prior arena to the point he was kicked out of town.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/331 ... violations

Have to play defense. Have to have a team mentality. McDavid and Draisaitl don't do that. Kane is a complete psychopath. Great addition. Truly wonderful.
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Lol
-William Osler