We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? fanclub

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Whose Line Is It Anyway? fanclub

Post by peskydonut »

This show brings me so much joy!

Anyone else here a fan? Which is your favorite version? What's your favorite episode? Who is your favorite host, cast member, guest?

If you need a refresher, all the episodes (of the American version) are available for free on CW:
https://www.cwseed.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Whose Line Is It Anyway? fanclub

Post by MoT »

I'm a huge fan of the OG, British version.

I loved Clive Anderson's deadpan delivery while hosting, it was brilliant. My favorite cast combo on that version would be Greg Proops, Tony Slattery, Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles. Sub Josie Lawrence in for Tony at will.

The current version has in some ways surpassed Drew Carey's version for me. I enjoy how Mochrie and Styles have really become the "senior" members of the cast, and just how effortless it is for them. Of course, it should be after nearly 30 years of doing it!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

I loved watching this show! Ive seen the original and the drew carey versions, but haven't kept up with the most recent incarnation.

Colin and Ryan are absolutely the best improv comedians alive in my opinion, but I wanna give a special shoutout to Wayne Brady too. He is a musical genius on top of his comedic skills:

Also mad props to Laura hall! Great range and ability to just improvise music for whatever is thrown at her!
Scruffy believes in this forum
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

The only version I watched regularly is the British series with Clive Anderson hosting. Favorite cast members: Greg Proops, Josie Lawrence, and of course Colin Mochrie for his consistent deadpan delivery. I could definitely use a refresher though, and now I know how I'm spending the upcoming holiday PTO.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Haven't watched it in years. My wife and I do not have many things in common that we enjoy watching together, but this would probably fit the bill. Thanks [mention]peskydonut[/mention] for bringing it back to my attention! What I remember is that I marveled at all of them, but especially Colin and Wayne.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Split-Time wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm Haven't watched it in years. My wife and I do not have many things in common that we enjoy watching together, but this would probably fit the bill. Thanks @peskydonut for bringing it back to my attention! What I remember is that I marveled at all of them, but especially Colin and Wayne.
Hope your wife likes weiner jokes. :shock:
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

peskydonut wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:22 pm
Split-Time wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm Haven't watched it in years. My wife and I do not have many things in common that we enjoy watching together, but this would probably fit the bill. Thanks @peskydonut for bringing it back to my attention! What I remember is that I marveled at all of them, but especially Colin and Wayne.
Hope your wife likes weiner jokes. :shock:
There are people who don't like wiener jokes? Don't ruin the fun before it starts :lol:.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I admittedly haven't watched much of the Clive Anderson's Whose Line (I will now!), but I watched the American versions over and over and over. Aside from the hilarity and the outstanding talent, I really enjoy the dynamic between the cast members and the rapport with the host. Like when Drew is genuinely in tears and just can't stop laughing.

Ryan and Colin are great together. Wayne Brady's performance prowess is just amazing. The celebrity guests on the current version can feel a little gimmicky, but some of them are really quite good at improv.

I have so many favorite moments, but one of my top is during a Living Scenery sketch. Collin and Ryan are going through their morning routine, making waffles. Ryan's waffle (Kathy) pops out of the toaster first- "this one is done!" As Collin's waffle (Wayne) pops up, Collin lets out a disappointed "oh", stopping himself just in time. They both start cracking up, as Collin attempts to redeem himself- "just the way I like it!"

cheesetime
MoT Member

Post by cheesetime »

The original UK version brings back good memories of watching it with my grandpa when I was young. I haven't kept up with the newer incarnations, but when flipping through the channels, if I happen to see it on, I always watch for a bit. Its still very funny and gives me the warm and fuzzies.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

The UK version is on Hulu (a few seasons anyway) and I've been watching episodes while on the rowing machine. I'm reminded that "World's Worst" is my favorite game, and I've learned it's very hard to maintain good cardio breathing rhythm while laughing.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sussa wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:55 pm The UK version is on Hulu (a few seasons anyway) and I've been watching episodes while on the rowing machine. I'm reminded that "World's Worst" is my favorite game, and I've learned it's very hard to maintain good cardio breathing rhythm while laughing.
I can hear Clive saying "Step forward on to the "World's Worst" step...." just by reading this.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

I was just watching the newest stuff with Aisha Tyler as the host. I really could care less for her, why is she always yelling?, But it's still such a hysterical show.

I have memories from high school, watching at the foot of my parents bed, with my mom and brother, before he and I went to sleep.

I love the "regulars", Wayne, Colin & Ryan are always fantastic. Greg Propbs is a great guest comic too, I appreciate episodes he was on.

Some of the best episodes are when a joke is made early on, and it continues to be referenced through the entirety of the episode. The best episode hands down, on the drew Carey hosted episodes, was when they played "party quirks" and Ryan was a "guy who's head keeps getting stuck to things". He stuck his head to Drew's desk and broke the neon light on the front..just so funny.

I've never actually seen the UK version, so my wife and I might have something new to watch in the future.