We're Moving!

Click for more info.

What podcasts are you listening to?

Have a favorite band? Book? Movie? Discuss everything entertainment here.
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Re: What podcasts are you listening to?

Post by Bergbergs »

Most of the podcasts I listen to are news and political in focus, and I'm not getting into that here :D

The last serial I listened to was Dr. Death, and it was a genuinely disturbing look at what one person with the wrong morals could do if they are motivated to.

I have Motherhacker queued up next as I think Carrie Coon is a fantastic actress (huge Leftovers HBO fan) and the plot sounds interesting.

Edit: Listened to Motherhacker. Episodes are very bite-sized (9-15 minutes) so they're good for a short commute or trip to the store. Enjoyed it.
Last edited by Bergbergs on Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I forgot about The Good Place The Podcast, Minor Adventures with Topher Grace and 3D Printing Today are also on my listen list.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Of course I have to plug my boys at 40&20 podcast. No marketing BS, no obsessive "brand building" like so many other watch podcasts are trying to do. Just interesting affordable watch talk and "other things we like". Been listening to them since episode 1.

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Post by Animal Mother »

Not for the feint hearted, but Hunting Warhead is a very good crime podcast.

"How do you take down a criminal network that's hidden in the shadows? How do you rescue child abuse victims who could be anywhere in the world?

Hunting Warhead follows the journalists and police on a global mission to expose the darkest corners of the internet. What they discover shocks them.

Host Daemon Fairless tracks down the investigators, survivors and criminals themselves. This series is a co-production between CBC Podcasts and the Norwegian newspaper VG."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcastnews/li ... -1.5346693

deckeda
MoT Member

Post by deckeda »

Another 40and20 fan here. I wish they would put more links into their show notes since I don't have watch models or references memorized.

And Radiolab is interesting. You'd probably also like Freakanomics also if you like that. I also listen to FreshAir via podcast.

I like Small Town Dicks. https://www.smalltowndicks.com

"Small Town Dicks is a podcast about the big-time crime that’s happening in Small Town, USA. Each episode features the detectives who broke the case in their small town, and includes assets like jailhouse phone calls, suspect interviews and 9-1-1 calls. The show is anchored by veteran, identical-twin detectives Dan and Dave, and hosted by actress, Yeardley Smith."

The early shows also had a 2nd co-host in addition to Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson and many other roles.)