We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Android speaker problem (and solution)

Discussions to express your inner nerd.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Android speaker problem (and solution)

Post by peskydonut »

Disclaimer: I swear I'm not shilling here.

--

Lately, every few days, especially when I come back from the store I've been disinfecting my phone. This morning I had just returned from a quick grocery run and did my normal routine: pulled the phone from its case, wiped the phone down with a Clorox wipe and washed the case with soap and water.

A few minutes later I noticed the speaker wasn't working. The headphone jack worked, Bluetooth worked, but no sound came from the speaker. I spent about 40mins fiddling with settings, killing apps, restarting, etc. Nothing. I was feeling pretty dejected; this phone was less than 2 months old and I just finished getting it tuned to my liking.

Because of the timing, in the back of my mind I wondered whether my cleaning had ruined the phone. The wipes were barely wet and I was being careful, but still...

After getting nowhere with the OS, in my desperation I went to the Play store and typed something like "fix speaker". I was hoping for an app that would reset something deep in the bowels of the Android subsystem and save me from having to do a factory reset or worse.

This was the first app that caught my attention: Speaker cleaner - Remove water & fix sound. Having absolutely zero expectation that this app would give me anything but malware, I installed and ran it anyway.

Soon, my phone's speaker began to vibrate with sound at different frequencies. I was absolutely shocked to discover that after the vibrating stopped my phone had its voice back! Hallelujah!! I immediately paid the $2.99 in support of the developer and gave the app a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the store. This thing really saved my bacon!
Living a comeback montage.