We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Technology and currencies.

Discussions to express your inner nerd.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Technology and currencies.

Post by PetWatch »

In 2009 Bitcoin became the first digital/crypto currency released to the world, it is currently worth over 10,000 usd. Today there are thousands of crypto currencies being traded of varying value. Governments and other large institutions are beginning to explore this type of currency as they increasingly appear to be the future of currency, replacing material money.

There is an opportunity to get in early on the first digital cryptocurrency that you can mine on your phone for free, without draining your battery - Pi. It was developed by two Stanford PhD's and a Yale and Stanford trained social movement builder. Pi is still in development so it currently has no value but already has over 8 million subscribers mining for free.

Whether this cryptocurrency gains significant (or any) value or not is an open question at this stage, the potential is there, and best of all it is free to mine (acquire) at this point. Based on my limited research thus far it appears legit. Do your due diligence, you can find more info by searching the web or on their website. The basics are relatively easy to understand but there is a lot of technical information that may be difficult for some folks to comprehend if one decides to get into details.

To get started download the app at https://minepi.com where you can find much more detailed information, Google Play or App Store. To activate the app you'll need an invitation code, you can use mine: 1zbcatprok. Full disclosure, using my code increases my mining rate. You can do the same by getting others members to sign up afterwards, as well as making other contributions to the project. I will try as best I can to answer any question anyone may have.

Delete if this seems like spam and not appropriate for this forum.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Technology and currencies.

Post by MoT »

I'll allow this, for now. On the surface it seems somewhat pyramid scamish, and reading their FAQ doesn't alleviate that.

I signed up using your invite so I could take a look. My invite code is ManOnTime.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: Technology and currencies.

Post by PetWatch »

ManOnTime wrote:I'll allow this, for now. On the surface it seems somewhat pyramid scamish, and reading their FAQ doesn't alleviate that.

I signed up using your invite so I could take a look. My invite code is ManOnTime.
The current mining setup is certainly a pyramid, but I think this was done as a method of promotion. This is different than other cryptos that are mined using raw computing power.

One of the interesting, and questionable as to whether it will work, is the trusted security circle method as a way to verify transactions which requires a form of identification. One of the attractive qualities of crypto at the moment is its anonymity, something governments will most likely disallow in the future. The current market value of all crypto's is about 330 billion, not even a drop in the bucket.

I currently see this as low risk with minimal work, one click a day to keep mining.

This should not be seen as a quick get rich scheme, it took Bitcoin several years to gain significant value, and most cryptos will fail.

Maybe we have an expert who wants to chime in here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk