We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Forum q - post alerts.

Having an issue with the site, or with posting? Create a thread and someone will help as soon as possible.
BamBam
MoT Member

Forum q - post alerts.

Post by BamBam »

Just wondering.. is there a way I can get alerts to my phone when new deals are posted in the main bargain thread? I keep missing short run deals or simply forget to check in.
Who watches the watchmen? I do. :geek:
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Forum q - post alerts.

Post by MoT »

You can subscribe to the topic (thread) and in your User Control Panel under Board Preferences and Edit notification options select what notifications you want to receive.

User Control Panel: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

For a thread, you would select "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed". You can select Notification (the bell icon on the top navigation bar will show the number of unread notifications) or email, or both.

The downside to this method is you will get a notification and/or email any time a reply is posted, which could get annoying.

This is for desktop/mobile versions of the site. I don't know how Tapatalk handles notifications.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody