We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Let's talk G-Shocks, ProTreks, and other Casio's

Post by AndyS »

Got my Ali Express orders in from the recent sale. An OD Green/Black GA 2100 set that I tested on my originally Skeleton model:
20220418_182539.jpg
Then a titanium set for my GWB5600. Doesn't necessarily show in pic, but the bezel part that is polished looks much nicer that I anticipated.
20220422_075602.jpg
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Casio MDV 106 Duro Problem

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

I had a fine old Casio Duro - all Black. GREAT WATCH but too monochrome for my taste so I bought a Pepsi bezel insert for it, Since I can be a fumble fingered jerk I lost the spring - so the bezel is no longer unidirectional. You say "SO WHAT" but it aggravates my OCD and I am already quite crazy enough without this helping! Any suggestions where I can get a new spring (bear in mind, I can get a whole new Duro from the 'zon for $45)

Thanks
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Casio MDV 106 Duro Problem

Post by MoT »

rich_in_the_lou wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:42 pm I had a fine old Casio Duro - all Black. GREAT WATCH but too monochrome for my taste so I bought a Pepsi bezel insert for it, Since I can be a fumble fingered jerk I lost the spring - so the bezel is no longer unidirectional. You say "SO WHAT" but it aggravates my OCD and I am already quite crazy enough without this helping! Any suggestions where I can get a new spring (bear in mind, I can get a whole new Duro from the 'zon for $45)

Thanks
If you're willing to Zelle or PayPal me $10 to cover postage, I'll send you my Duro I never wear. You can harvest it for whatever parts you need.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

Interesting - I am interested in a Duro for a ten spot. No promises about weither I will use it for parts or whatever. Would you send me a pic? I assume that is a running watch and you don't wear it for reasons unknown Thanks
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

rich_in_the_lou wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:11 pm Interesting - I am interested in a Duro for a ten spot. No promises about weither I will use it for parts or whatever. Would you send me a pic? I assume that is a running watch and you don't wear it for reasons unknown Thanks
Yes, it runs and along the way it's had an acrylic crystal put in.

I'd send just the head, no strap.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

New paisley blue G-Shocks:
I would jump on the square one if it wasn’t for the poorly visible negative display on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7QDGi9JAwA
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

TimePeace wrote:New paisley blue G-Shocks:
I would jump on the square one if it wasn’t for the poorly visible negative display on it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7QDGi9JAwA

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

So if you look at this GA-2110-8a listing on ebay, somebody actually bought one of these mod'd with a tiffany blue indices swap for $300?

I've got a spare. AE sells the indices for $18. Should I try it? :)

Looks easy. Especially if you don't mess with the dial like this guy.

EDIT: Even cheaper from the maker of that vid. Didn't realize they had a store.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Installed my lumed index as mentioned in last post. I got the dark gray that is about the same as the original on my GA-2110 (gray). It has some lume, but it's not tremendous. If you really want lume, I'd suggest getting the white.

Install took all of maybe 5 minutes. Maybe twice as long as a battery change. Spent most of the extra time trying to do everything to keep the inside clean and smudge free.

Will definitely consider whenever I get a GAB2100.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

New NASA G, but this time the more desirable GW-M5610U model. And not in white.

Want. I got the 2021 version, but really just as a collection thing. This one I might wear.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

Thoughts on these? Are these limited editions? I like the positive display square:

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-sl-s ... -and-soil/
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

TimePeace wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm Thoughts on these? Are these limited editions? I like the positive display square:

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-sl-s ... -and-soil/
These batch releases of multiple models in a similar scheme are generally around for a few months then go away. I kind of like this one. The last positive GWB5600 was the one I used to put in the titanium bracelet from AliExpress and posted above (after I had all kinds of trouble getting it fixed in the first place, also chronicled here).

So not sure if it is "limited" if it's by a number, or just limited by they'll only be around for a few months.

Another one I bought like this was the "Adrenaline Red" GWB5600. Looked on ebay the other day, and they seem to have held some value.

----------------------

Still trying to decide if I want to order that NASA watch. Grrr.
TimePeace
MoT Member

Post by TimePeace »

AndyS wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:13 pm [quote=TimePeace post_id=115632 time=<a href="tel:1657911643">1657911643</a> user_id=548]
Thoughts on these? Are these limited editions? I like the positive display square:

<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.g-c ... ></a> Red" GWB5600. Looked on ebay the other day, and they seem to have [url=<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... -B5600AR-1]held" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>ebay</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>sch</span><span>/</span><span>i</span><span>.</span><span>html</span><span>?_</span><span>from</span><span>=</span><span>R40</span><span>&_</span><span>trksid</span><span>=</span><span>p2380057</span><span>.</span><span>m570</span><span>.</span><span>l1313</span><span>&_</span><span>nkw</span><span>=</span><span>GW</span><span>-</span><span>B5600AR</span><span>-</span><span>1</span><span>]</span><span>held</span></a> some value[/url].

----------------------

Still trying to decide if I want to order that NASA watch. Grrr.
Thanks. Yes, I like the slightly green tint to the positive display square model.

Nice job on the titanium mod 👍
I also have the adrenaline red square, and like it a lot.

Will have to think about the NASA one!
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

TimePeace wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:25 pm Will have to think about the NASA one!
I wish instead of the 5610 they'd have made the NASA watch a GWB5600. Still solar. Still MB6, but also has bluetooth for setting all the other settings and allowing for auto timezone adjustment based off the connected phone when traveling.