We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2022

Find the HUISABH "big thread of deals" here! Also, other watch and watch accessory deal threads.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2022

Post by TheJohnP »

Jumping on the ShopWorn Flash Sale, this Victorinox is a great price.

Victorinox Swiss Army - Officer's Day Men's Watch, model # 241550
Sale price is $115
List price is $450

https://www.shopworn.com/shop/victorino ... ens-watch/

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Link to all watches in the latest ShopWorn Flash Sale

https://www.shopworn.com/shop/flash-sal ... s_counter=
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

tnmats wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:44 am
Klaatu3 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:59 am Amazon has several upcoming Prime Deals on Barton straps today. I won't list them all but the one for Canvas straps is in effect now...A decent deal but not spectacular. Price varies by color & size, but this Nantucket blue 20mm is at $18.40 with a 20% OFF coupon = $14.72

barton-pd1.JPG

Interestingly the pre-deal price NOW on the hybrid leather/rubber straps is at $11 each with a 20% OFF coupon checkbox, bringing this to $8.80. You're not limited to one but if you buy two the coupon becomes 10% each--I didn't test for more. The Prime Day Deal starts at 12:05 Eastern Daylight Time, but you won't know the lightning deal price until then, and will probably have a limit of one at the deal price. (As always, the prices can & do change quickly so YMMV.)

barton-pd.JPG
A note about the hybrid rubber/leather straps:

I have two of those Barton straps, bought a couple of them two months ago. They're similar to the Hirsch 'performance' line but the rubber isn't as supple/flexible as what Hirsch uses, it's more plastic-like. The real gripes I have are:

- Spring bar retracting pins fall out easily from Barton straps, it's a common gripe in reviews. I've had two do that to me in just the past month, one is of the hybrid cordura/silicone straps and one in the above listed leather hybrid. Both straps were under 2 months old. Luckily with the leather one I was able to find the hole where the pin was and retract the bar and remove the strap from my watch. In the cordura case I had to cut the blasted thing off my watch with wire cutters. Barton, to their credit, replaced the strap with zero fuss.

- The leather in the hybrid is dodgy in how uniform the insert's thickness is. I have a few of the Hirsch Performance straps (a couple of Robbys and one Ayrton). With the Hirsch straps the leather insert is uniformly 'submerged' where it butts up against the rubber backing, so the leather isn't easily lifted out of the rubber backing along the edges. In the Barton that's not the case, I had to exchange one of the straps twice since when I inserted the strap into the keeper loops the leather was lifting up on the edge. I could tell in both straps the leather was sitting above the edge of the strap in several places but the tail edge was the real concern. The leather itself shows scratches easily and will pucker when you bend the strap backward (like when you insert the tail end into the keepers). This leaves visible lines in the leather around the holes, a bit of thumb 'massage' of the leather will make them go away. The Hirsch straps don't remotely show this tendency as badly but they are 10x as expensive.

For the price they're not bad (especially for $8.80, I paid $11 for mine a few months ago) but be aware of the issues. At a minimum get rid of that POS quick release bar if you buy them. And unlike the Hirsch they will never really conform exactly to the wrist over time but they're "good enough". Hirsch is stiff too out of the package like this Barton strap but the Hirsch will conform quite well given a few weeks of wear.

And regarding the Barton canvas straps, I've bought some canvas straps from AliExpress for $8 each, including shipping, that seem to be identical to what Barton sells. Even the buckle design was exactly the same. Barton's canvas straps are way overpriced in my opinion but not of shoddy quality, what you do buy is quick shipping and if something goes wrong the company will stand behind them. They better since the markup is at least 400% ($8 is for a shipped AliExpress strap, buy them in bulk and the price drops to under $6/strap if not lower).

Great insights.
We invite you to repost your thoughts and experience in a new thread here - viewforum.php?f=18

That way, if anyone is looking for real world info on Barton hybrid straps it will be easier to find.
Click Icon To Contact Me

seaboogers
MoT Member

Post by seaboogers »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:16 am Jumping on the ShopWorn Flash Sale, this Victorinox is a great price.

Victorinox Swiss Army - Officer's Day Men's Watch, model # 241550
Sale price is $115
List price is $450

https://www.shopworn.com/shop/victorino ... ens-watch/

I've always thought Victorinox watches are an overlooked and very under appreciated/under valued brand.

I have several including that crazy sale several years back on the INOX from TJ Maxx for $100.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:11 am
nicegator wrote:
nicegator wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:37 am I'm not familiar with any other currently produced watch like this
Regular Price $429.00 ( ha!)
With code JUL35WATCH $90.99
https://www.shophq.com/Product/invicta- ... _-RV11-_-N

Screenshot_20220712-102921.jpg
Screenshot_20220712-102946.jpg
Apparently I was wrong
https://www.shophq.com/Product/constant ... ch/916-737

Price $399.00
Web special minus 35% with JUL35WATCH $85.59
Screenshot_20220713-074419.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-074450.jpg
Thanks for the heads up. I bought one.

It removed the promo code when I came back from PayPal to place the order, so be sure and watch that.
Congratulations! This watch is a bit big for me, so please post a review and tag me when you get it.
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Klaatu3 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:59 am Amazon has several upcoming Prime Deals on Barton straps today. I won't list them all but the one for Canvas straps is in effect now...A decent deal but not spectacular. Price varies by color & size, but this Nantucket blue 20mm is at $18.40 with a 20% OFF coupon = $14.72
///

Interestingly the pre-deal price NOW on the hybrid leather/rubber straps is at $11 each with a 20% OFF coupon checkbox, bringing this to $8.80. You're not limited to one but if you buy two the coupon becomes 10% each--I didn't test for more. The Prime Day Deal starts at 12:05pm Eastern Daylight Time, but you won't know the lightning deal price until then, and will probably have a limit of one at the deal price. (As always, the prices can & do change quickly so YMMV.)

UPDATE: The Lightning Deal on the Hybrid straps is now live for the next 12 hours.

The deal price is...(wait for it)...$8.80. But the 20% OFF coupon checkbox is still showing for the variants I tried, so an even better deal at $7.04 (List price $35)

Note: Thanks to @tnmats and others for real-world feedback on the quality of these--which could explain the low price point lately. This site's great for making well-informed buyers!
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

For our members in England, this shop in Suffolk will be having a going out business sale starting on Saturday.

https://www.thurlowchampness.com/

Click Icon To Contact Me

AceRimmer
MoT Member

Post by AceRimmer »

ohhenry1 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:04 am
nicegator wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:37 am I'm not familiar with any other currently produced watch like this

You've got me intrigued, that's for sure. And for anyone wondering, in my research, I discovered that this is a reissue of a watch that Invicta actually produced decades ago. I stumbled across this photo (not mine, obviously) on Instagram. The fact that this hearkens back to an actaul past offering just makes the watch all the more appealing for me. Also, this "Invicta Vintage" (which is what they call this new reissue) seems to be a brand new release, with no reviews or even real life photos out there. However, on the ShopHQ page is a link to a video that shows two colorways being demonstrated and discussed on their shopping television show. Hope that info helps people as they consider the deal.
That's nice looking!

Anyone know why it has a picture of a girl on the back?
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

AceRimmer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:09 pm
ohhenry1 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:04 am

You've got me intrigued, that's for sure. And for anyone wondering, in my research, I discovered that this is a reissue of a watch that Invicta actually produced decades ago. I stumbled across this photo (not mine, obviously) on Instagram. The fact that this hearkens back to an actaul past offering just makes the watch all the more appealing for me. Also, this "Invicta Vintage" (which is what they call this new reissue) seems to be a brand new release, with no reviews or even real life photos out there. However, on the ShopHQ page is a link to a video that shows two colorways being demonstrated and discussed on their shopping television show. Hope that info helps people as they consider the deal.
That's nice looking!

Anyone know why it has a picture of a girl on the back?
I think the better question to ask is why doesn't EVERY watch have a picture of a girl on the back??? :lol:

And now for a deal...

A little while back, I posted a question about how to properly fasten the Tribus Zulu strap. Well, thanks to a video shared with me by member @Kommy , I was able to figure it out. Not only that, but this strap has quickly become my favorite one-piece/single-pass Zulu type strap! The quality is outstanding. Now, let's take it a step further...I had also emailed my inquiry to Tribus, who, to my surprise, were very quick in responding. It turns out this strap is actually manufactured for them by Zulu Alpha out of the UK. Seeing as their straps average around $55 USD and up, directly from their site (https://zulualphastraps.com/collections/all), the $21 that Tribus is blowing them out for is an absolute bargain!

https://tribus-watches.com/collections/ ... haki-cream

(Added "bonus" for us here in 'Merica....upon closer inspection of the graphic on the keeper, it appears to be representative of the 13 Stars & Stripes of our original flag! Oh yeah, and no Tribus branding, either...so it'll work on any watch with 20mm lug, without triggering your OCD!!!)
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Limited-time deal for Prime Members: Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Air Skyhawk Mens Watch, Brown Leather Strap (Model: CB0241-00L) https://a.co/d/1Yx74XN
Screenshot_20220713-200836.jpg
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

20220713_174807.jpg

For anyone else who may have jumped onto the Bulova Hack deal. The strap is subpar and you might want to invest in another 18mm option while you wait.

These seatbelt Natos are $13

Military Ballistic Nylon Watch Strap, Soft Watch Bands for Men Women, Seat Belt Watch Wrap Nylon Replacement with Heavy Duty Brushed Buckle of 18mm 20mm 22mm 24mm https://a.co/d/iP098cN

Barton Canvas bands from $18

BARTON Canvas Quick Release Watch Band Straps - Choose Color & Width - 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm, 22mm, 23mm, or 24mm https://a.co/d/eVzPLL0
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

nicegator wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:07 pm Limited-time deal for Prime Members: Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Air Skyhawk Mens Watch, Brown Leather Strap (Model: CB0241-00L) https://a.co/d/1Yx74XN
Screenshot_20220713-200836.jpg
EDIT: See my last note at the bottom. All this middle text may be wrong and they appear to support the US transmitters in newer models. That vid is from 2017, so there may be an updated movement?

Some research I just did on this movement indicated that these are either radio sync to Japan or radio synch to Europe. They didn't include US frequencies. I think this is a Europe version based on the words on the dial.

However, the link to Amazon says it does have US radios: "Using radio control, this technology automatically updates the time and date of your watch based on a time signal from an atomic clock with a margin of error of one second every 100,000 years. Time signals are received from transmitters, or atomic clocks, in four different regions: Europe, the United States, China, and Japan."

Might want to look into it before buying. And let me know, because I was thinking about getting the titanium version w/sapphire on bracelet eventually.

About 6:20 in this vid discusses the radio issue.

EDIT: Amazon shows the manual. It's here, and on page 16, it says it syncs to the Colorado signal. So maybe disregard my comment. Leaving it just in case somebody knows more about these models. This is the one I want.
Last edited by AndyS on Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Accidents happen
wishmann
MoT Member

Post by wishmann »

Amazing woman deal. Alpina Comtesse with 75% off for only $87.50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264157667273

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Posting this mostly because I like the design: 39x10 mm, integrated bracelet and quality ( I have another model).
35% off with code GUNTER.
https://www.watches.com/collections/duf ... %3D.Xpk4g7