Oceaneva - finally more than you paid for

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
CVP33
MoT Member

Oceaneva - finally more than you paid for

Post by CVP33 »

Oceaneva is a microbrand that’s already punching way above its weight. I’ve attached the Oracle of Time article where a more seasoned watch expert shares his more refined thoughts and perspective on their new GMT Titanium Diver. I purchased 3 of the SS models during launch for $269. The best you’ll do now is $311 with code WELCOMEBACK (12% OFF meant for abandoned carts but works liberally).

Side note - I tend to buy a lot of colorways and then shed them later after settling on one or two. With this watch, well, I really like them all. So much in fact I bought a 4th. Well really I earned a 4th. More on that in a moment.

Now for their new Titanium GMT diver, the price moves up to $499 minus the 12% coupon above and you’re at a very reasonable $439. The price not only reflects the case and bracelet material moving from SS to Ti, but also the movement from a Seiko NH34 to now a Selitta SW200-1. I’ve copied the specs below but wanted to share a few that surprised me at this price.
- Fit/finish: case brush finishing and bracelet to case fitment is just really the best I’ve seen on any watch
- All of the GMT’s (Quartz, NH34 and Ti) have numbered casebacks a very nice touch at this price point
- Helium escape valve
- 1250m depth rating, tested
- Lume is blazing and even the bezel gets the BGW9
- Promo videos: just like the big boys
- 4 year warranty (Omega only moved to 5 years in 2018)

Finally I promised to tell you how I earned a watch. First I used the https://shop.app/ which earns you 1% cashback on all purchases. I also linked my DiscoverCard which earns another 1% but didn’t count that for this purpose. Finally I joined Oceaneva’s rewards program. It’s relevant if you’re like me and you buy multiple colorways of a watch. As you can see below, I may have a thing for blue. The program is really simple:
*Place Order = Earn 1 point for every $1 spent
*Like Facebook Page = Earn 100 points
*Follow Instagram = Earn 100 points

So after doing all of the above, buying the 3 SS GMT’s below and yesterday the Ti, I earned 1546 points, enough for the $300 reward. I also earned ~$12 from the SHOP APP so I bought the green/black bezel NH34 GMT dive watch for ~$37. All in all I’d say I’m very happy with my purchases and all 5 watches were had for an average $256 purchase price. When I decide which ones to keep, I’m confident the cast-offs will go for at least a break even price.
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg
IMG_4163.jpeg
IMG_4162.jpeg
Oracle of time article - https://oracleoftime.com/oceaneva-new-d ... ollection/

Oceaneva webstore - https://oceaneva.com/

Coupon Code - WELCOMEBACK = 12% OFF

SPECIFICATIONS

LUME - BGW9 On Hands,Hour Markers, All Markers and Numbers On Bezel, Top Grade Long Lasting Luminous
CROWN - Screw Down With Triple Seal Crown to Ensure 1250M Water Tightness, Integrated Case Crown Guards, Trident Logo on Crown
CASE-BACK - Titanium, Screw Down with Triple Seal to Meet 1250M Standard
CASE MATERIAL/SIZE - Solid Titanium, 42 mm, Brushed, Polished Bezel, Sides of Case Are Polished. Lug to Lug Length is 49.5mm, Thickness 14.8 mm
LUG WIDTH - 22 mm
CRYSTAL - Nearly Scratchproof Anti Reflective Domed Sapphire, 4.8mm Thick. Sealed with 1.40 mm x .45 mm I-Ring to Ensure Water Tightness.
BEZEL - Ceramic ,Uni-Directional Rotating 120 Click, Ultra Scratch Resistant
DIAL - Brushed aluminum, Mother of Pearl in various colors with applied indices
MOVEMENT - Movement Calibre Swiss Made Sellita SW200-1 Automatic, 26 Jewels, 38 hour Power Reserve, 28,800 bph, 4Hz, Hacking and Quick Date. Equivalent to the ETA 2824, virtually identical except the Sellita has one extra jewel for reduced wear.
BAND/CLASP- Solid Titanium, Brushed finish, Push Button Milled Titanium Clasp with Oceaneva Trident Logo and micro adjustments
WATER RESISTANCE - 4101Feet / 1250M. Design Tested by water pressure test to 1250M.

OTHER FEATURES

- Helium Escape Valve
- Limited Edition of only 1000 pieces will ever be produced
- 4 Year International Warranty
- Inner bezel with "Helium Escape Valve" and "Limited Edition".
- Each Watch Has individual serial # and Limited Edition XXXX/1000 on Caseback.
- Ceramic Bezel has full BGW9 Luminous.

FULL KIT
- Blue Waterproof Case, Made in The USA by S3 Cases In Wyoming
- Warranty Card, Hang tag, Polishing Cloth, Strap Change/Sizing Tool and Instruction Card
- Compliant with Airline ATA for Carry-On/Check-In
- Material: S433 Resin
- Waterproof & Dust-Proof (IP67 Rated)
- Rated to 80 feet water depth for 30 minutes
- MIL-SPEC CERTIFIED
- Watch Only Weight: 5.2 oz. When Un-sized

Step into the world of luxury and adventure with the Oceaneva™ Men's Deep Marine Explorer II 1250M Titanium Watch. This exquisite timepiece, meticulously crafted from solid titanium, is a testament to superior craftsmanship in the realm of titanium watches. The mesmerizing aquamarine mother of pearl dial, protected by a nearly scratchproof anti-reflective domed sapphire crystal, radiates sophistication and beauty unlike any other watch dial you've ever seen. The high-quality black ceramic uni-directional rotating bezel, paired with luminous hands and markers, adds a touch of luxury that sets you apart. Offering unparalleled value, this watch holds its own even when compared to some of the biggest names in the industry, truly the best value in watches today.
The Deep Marine Explorer II is more than just an accessory; it's a reflection of your adventurous spirit. Powered by a Swiss Made Sellita SW200-1 automatic movement with a 38-hour power reserve, this watch promises unwavering performance and reliability. Its impressive water resistance of up to 1250 meters and a helium escape valve make it an ideal companion for your underwater adventures or high-altitude expeditions, pushing the boundaries of what titanium watches can offer. Plus, the lightweight and hypoallergenic properties of titanium, the same material used in military applications like the renowned SR71 Blackbird jet, add to the comfort and safety of wearing this timepiece.
This limited-edition timepiece, one of only 1000 pieces ever produced, is a unique reflection of your distinctive style and love for adventure. It comes with a 4-year international warranty, assuring you of its quality and longevity. Packaged in a blue waterproof case that's compliant with airline ATA for carry-on/check-in, the watch includes a warranty card, a polishing cloth, and a strap change/sizing tool. Seize the moment and secure your Oceaneva™ Men's Deep Marine Explorer II 1250M Titanium Watch today. After all, you only live once, right? And remember, it's only money, you'll make more tomorrow. Go ahead and take the plunge – get yours today and start a family tradition with this exquisite titanium masterpiece that can be passed down as a cherished family heirloom.
- USA Based Brand
- Free Shipping
- 4 Year Warranty
- 30 Day Return

Copyright © 2018-2023 Oceaneva™

CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Oceaneva - finally more than you paid for

Post by CVP33 »

Makes it to 5,325’ depth before the caseback caves and allows water into the movement stopping the watch.