LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Dub Rubb »

And as far as my Saturday went, I started with a non compliant GMT(Cat Face compliant), switched to a Seiko powered MM300 homage, then to a Samurai mod, and finished with a swanky Saturday AT homage. Bonus carnivore and good meal compliance. This pizza oven is one of the best gifts I've ever received.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:00 am And as far as my Saturday went, I started with a non compliant GMT(Cat Face compliant), switched to a Seiko powered MM300 homage, then to a Samurai mod, and finished with a swanky Saturday AT homage. Bonus carnivore and good meal compliance. This pizza oven is one of the best gifts I've ever received.
ImageImageImageImageImage

My man! That is a lot of awesome in one post!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Half beer compliant.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Signed Crown Sunday compliance. Young guy working the checkout line at the grocery store commented on the watch. Always takes me by surprise, especially when it's a younger person.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Started with Citizen Sunday compliance, followed by non-compliance.

ImageImage

Tap. Talk. Buy another watch. Repeat.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Citizen and small watch compliance
PXL_20210725_193353616.jpg
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Started the day off with the Railmaster, but no pics. Then switched up to the Oris for beach day. We went and checked out construction on the new home; it's really coming along. We had Smashburger on a picnic blanket on the floor. Got home and switched to the Vario Trench. Signed crown compliance for all and beer compliance with the Trench.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Small Watch Sunday compliant with the 36mm Jester. Wife hates it, mostly due to the kick ass 2 tone BOR. Apparently it's an "old man's" watch. Whatevs.

Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

The hum of the tuning fork gives me peace on Magic Monday
PXL_20210726_163659914.jpg
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 pm Small Watch Sunday compliant with the 36mm Jester. Wife hates it, mostly due to the kick ass 2 tone BOR. Apparently it's an "old man's" watch. Whatevs.

The waffle dialed Jester is by far my favorite of the BSH designs. Funny to think of 36mm as a “small watch“…definitely a sign of the times.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Ironman_KL
MoT Member

Post by Ironman_KL »

For me today - OG - Tool watch Tuesday - keep forgetting the new rules. Yesterday was tick tick with the MDV106.

User poll
If you had the choice between:
1.Seiko 5 sports - SRPD81k1 with some wear and tear (case rub marks, crystal/bezel scratched). Not sure how I feel about the black case being rubbed off some - $150 Aus - 4R36

2. Seiko sky prospex SROB57J1 (Nil stock bracelet, and bent seconds hand) Nil damage to dial. $100 Aud - 4R35

3. Stock SNGZ07J1 in mint condition - $150 Aud - 7S26

What would you choose for a “project”? Ultimately I was going to build a NamokiMod watch from parts (black Samurai) but I really like my Turtle with 4 O’clock crown - so comfortable.
Thoughts?
Obviously they all need some work - either new bezel, crystal or movement upgrades. Not sure if I can find a sapphire for the sky prospex.
Last edited by Ironman_KL on Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Magic Monday compliant. I will be finally sending the traveling forstner to it's next destination, so I figured it deserved one last hurrah and put it on my favorite of all my watches. We all hear about watches being "strap monsters", but this thing is a "watch monster".

Thanks again @Split-Time . I really appreciate the opportunity, and feel bad for hogging it for so long. But hey, it got to be on everything from a Vostok to a GS! Can't wait to see the journey continue.
ImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Happy Tuesday, Legion! Started the day with my Speedy for Tool watch Tuesday compliance then switched to the BSH for 3-6-9 compliance for the BSH crew. Probably have another change shortly. Love working from home because my watch drawer is only a few steps away.

Working from home also enables browsing the webs for stuff to buy. I didn't buy a watch, but I did buy the new R2-D2 Lego. Then, I got a notification that the Playstation 5 was in stock at Gamestop. I was actually able to order one and have that incoming. I got it to play the Final Fantasy VII Remake and F1 2021. On that note, [mention]Dub_Rubb[/mention], what's your set up?
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Happy Tuesday, Legion! Started the day with my Speedy for Tool watch Tuesday compliance then switched to the BSH for 3-6-9 compliance for the BSH crew. Probably have another change shortly. Love working from home because my watch drawer is only a few steps away.

Working from home also enables browsing the webs for stuff to buy. I didn't buy a watch, but I did buy the new R2-D2 Lego. Then, I got a notification that the Playstation 5 was in stock at Gamestop. I was actually able to order one and have that incoming. I got it to play the Final Fantasy VII Remake and F1 2021. On that note, [mention]Dub_Rubb[/mention], what's your set up?
I am an Xbox guy now, used to be a PS guy but switched early on when I found Forza, and they had MKII Vws and corrados. I am using a Fanatec CSL elite setup, that would also work for the PS5. I started with madcatz and then thrustmaster, moved on to Logitech and settled on Fanatec's base model. Their base model is crazy good with brushless motors and 1080° steering and should become cheaper once they release their direct drive later this year. There is also stupid levels of upgrading possible that can make watch buying seem cheap. From hydraulic pedals and handbrakes to direct drive wheelbase. I have found then not to be necessary for the casual gamer, but have found their base equipment to be leaps and bounds better than what I was used to.

I do also have an older Fanatec setup for the xbox360 complete with wheels, pedals, and 6spd shifter as well as a Seperate up/down shifter. It was compatible with xbox360, PS3, PS4 and PC. There is a good chance it's compatible with PS5 as well since Sony said the old stuff would work. If you want to give it a shot, you can have at it bud. I may be missing one or two cables, but those can easily be sourced. It's just sitting in storage unloved.