Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Fuel Sniffers Anonymous (The Thread For Car Nuts)

Post by CVP33 »

This made me soooooooo happy.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

BostonCharlie wrote:It's been awhile since I worked under a car. Any recommendations for a floor jack and stands for a 5000 lb vehicle (maybe figure 6000 in case a bigger vehicle is in my future)? Any other must have items?

I find myself looking at vintage vehicles and wondering if I would really have the patience to work on one. To find out I want to try doing some maintenance on my Flex.

The first vintage car that caught my eye was a '73 Mustang convertible, but since then my eye has been roving all over the place. Just a phase?
Use floor jacks with the ramps. Don’t trust ramps alone regardless of rating, ever.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Assuming car guys change their own oil.

https://mobilpromotions.us/rebate/
IMG_4260.jpeg
IMG_4261.jpeg
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Headline:

Buyers flipping a Rolls-Royce Spectre won't be tolerated, company says
CEO says he'll 'blacklist' offenders from future sales, and offenders aren't happy
-------

Damn! There goes my chance to make a mint on my $425,000 investment.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Manufacturers will allow dealers to put market adjustments on just about every desirable vehicle but heaven forbid if a buyer decided to flip a vehicle to make money……… somethings not right here.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:Manufacturers will allow dealers to put market adjustments on just about every desirable vehicle but heaven forbid if a buyer decided to flip a vehicle to make money……… somethings not right here.
Ford GT ownership entailed an in depth background investigation and contract not to sell. An old lady who regularly drove a GT to my Kroger said she had to go to Detroit to get her car and meet people she didn’t want to meet. I don’t know what she wanted that car so badly. I think she asked what’s the best sports car and someone told her try to get a GT.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

To switch to 2 wheels . . .

I know nothing about motorcycles, but my super's is gorgeous.

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 3.18.46 PM.png
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Second hand account, but it seems a neighbor's EV auto caught fire as it was peacefully parked in its garage. The owners were out of town so I will guess it wasn't charging. I would not be surprised if this Texas heat had something to do with it. My own garage gets darned hot these days. Keep cool y'all!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I swore I would never buy another Ford, but saw this yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised.

I had a red loaded 2015 GT and had multiple issues. F150 after that had a bad engine Ford refused to fix. Loose wrist pin knock. Also had a 2013 grabber blue V6 convertible. Loved it but the top mechanism ate the top and couldn’t be fixed.

Grew up with Fords. First car, 1979 5.0 Capri.

Anyway, this looks great. The rear bumper cover/valence was the big surprise for me. It extends out, a bit pointy, but works. Loved it.

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Kinda hard to hate 486hp.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:Kinda hard to hate 486hp.
lol, right?

This one had the 10-speed auto, which is what I’d buy. Should be a lot better without the junk MT-82 tranny. They supposedly have fixed the heater core problem causing repeated dash removals. Also heard the EPAS units have been updated. Those were designed correctly, but sloppy overseas manufacturing caused the rattling motors to be “inherent qualities of the car”, which was unacceptable to me. Both my Mustangs had them replaced by 5k miles and both were bad and noisy again by 7500 miles. Major problems implementing engineering designs due to manufacturing.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I have the same 10 speed (co-developed by GM/Ford). It’s pretty amazing and always has you in the right gear in track mode. It handles 650hp/650tq with no issues.
IMG_3730.jpeg

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

CVP33 wrote:I have the same 10 speed (co-developed by GM/Ford). It’s pretty amazing and always has you in the right gear in track mode. It handles 650hp/650tq with no issues.
IMG_3730.jpeg

I’ve heard the 600+ numbers associated with it. Definitely the way to go.

I’ve read about supposedly two improvements to the MT-82, but what they say they’re doing doesn’t fix the problems that I had. Synchros aren’t it. It’s incredibly poor fitment of internals. Sounds like a rock crusher on it’s last legs just trying to putt around in a parking lot. Very inconsistent shift feel; seemingly random in fact.
Last edited by Robotaz on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

CVP33 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:25 am I have the same 10 speed (co-developed by GM/Ford). It’s pretty amazing and always has you in the right gear in track mode.
This was my experience with it as well after driving a Mustang Ecoboost with the performance and handling packs for a track weekend. Brilliant transmission.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CigarCity
MoT Member

Post by CigarCity »

This guy is clearly confused. Dodge GTO?