Show your BSH watches

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Show your BSH watches

Post by Dub Rubb »

TagTime wrote:First post on MoT, but longtime BSH brother. Here are some of my favorites.

My watch collection mainly consists of BSH and Seiko watches.

IG: SeikoDutch
Good to see you over here brother! Just be careful, the deals thread can be dangerous to your wallet and/or marriage.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

TagTime wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm First post on MoT, but longtime BSH brother. Here are some of my favorites.

Really like the second one with the snowflake hands. Great looking watch!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:I've always wanted to get in on the BSH threads over on WUS. It moves so quickly that I could never keep up! Welcome and I hope to contribute to the weirdness...
I was intimidated by that thread as well, but now feel like I waited too long to join in. Fear not, for the 'hood is just as accepting and open as the Legion. Part of why MoT is a good fit. This whole forum seems to be filled with good people and rule #1 abiders. Part of why I spend most of my forum time over here. But the brotherhood(sisters count too @Sussa !) knows no boundaries.

For those members of the LWDS, you know that I referenced the BSH from day one and used them as the model for the threads vibe. Now these are still separate entities, but I am looking forward to the crossover. Literally not ONE bad experience with anyone here on MoT or the BSH.

It's kinda like watching your two best friends get married[emoji23][emoji173][emoji106]

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:And for the new folks here, you'll learn I'm the one who doesn't like dive watches...AT ALL.
But I fully welcome this outpost of the BSH.
Rule #1 is one we should all try to live by.

Have fun everyone!
Don't worry bud. I am not even a fan of submariners. Well, maybe vintage ones, but that's not what the hood is about. Post up the watches YOU like.

sogeha
MoT Member

Post by sogeha »

Dub Rubb wrote:
TheJohnP wrote:And for the new folks here, you'll learn I'm the one who doesn't like dive watches...AT ALL.

Have fun everyone!
Don't worry bud. I am not even a fan of submariners. Well, maybe vintage ones, but that's not what the hood is about. Post up the watches YOU like.

The Brotherhood isn’t even about watches, we just all like them. It takes a while to figure that out

A warm welcome to the guys I don’t know. Stretch44, in are in the ‘hood now. You wouldn’t believe how many fully committed brothers we have who hardly ever post on the WUS thread

We will cope with the deals threads, our enablement is weapons grade. In the last twelve months I have bought fifty watches and probably as many project dials[emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
sogeha
MoT Member

Post by sogeha »

Not all BSH watches have a BSH logo
I’m claiming permanent compliance on this one

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

sogeha wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

Have fun everyone!

The Brotherhood isn’t even about watches, we just all like them. It takes a while to figure that out

A warm welcome to the guys I don’t know. Stretch44, in are in the ‘hood now. You wouldn’t believe how many fully committed brothers we have who hardly ever post on the WUS thread

We will cope with the deals threads, our enablement is weapons grade. In the last twelve months I have bought fifty watches and probably as many project dials[emoji15]

C'mon Paul. Let's be serious here. 50 watches in the last year?!? Get real.

It's gotta be at least 55[emoji23].

sogeha
MoT Member

Post by sogeha »

Dub Rubb wrote:
sogeha wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:Don't worry bud. I am not even a fan of submariners. Well, maybe vintage ones, but that's not what the hood is about. Post up the watches YOU like.

I’m hoping to get serious in ‘21
I’ve also got a big Camilo style build in mind[emoji2958]

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Also, make sure to budget for the upcoming first ever LWDS MoT watch run. I still have to get in touch with Glenn, but thats the last step.
ImageImage

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

sogeha wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:
sogeha wrote:

I’m hoping to get serious in ‘21
I’ve also got a big Camilo style build in mind[emoji2958]

Umm. I realize the scope of that claim and think there is something awesome in the works.

sogeha
MoT Member

Post by sogeha »

Dub Rubb wrote:Also, make sure to budget for the upcoming first ever LWDS MoT watch run. I still have to get in touch with Glenn, but thats the last step.
ImageImage

I guess I need to get my sorry arse over to the Legion and say hello. You know I will be wanting one of those[emoji8]

TagTime
MoT Member

Post by TagTime »

Dub Rubb wrote:
TagTime wrote:First post on MoT, but longtime BSH brother. Here are some of my favorites.

Good to see you over here brother! Just be careful, the deals thread can be dangerous to your wallet and/or marriage.

Thanks and happy to be here! That is indeed dangerous, but I hope I can outsmart myself by not allowing my watchbox of 24 to overflow.
TagTime
MoT Member

Post by TagTime »

Stretch44 wrote:
TagTime wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:22 pm First post on MoT, but longtime BSH brother. Here are some of my favorites.

Really like the second one with the snowflake hands. Great looking watch!
Thanks! It is a one of a kind dial and is the watch that got me into the brotherhood. I bought the watch from a fellow WUS member and always before I make a purchase I check what they are posting. At that time he was the captain of the brotherhood ship, so started to follow the thread. I came in at a time when some brothers were dealing with very tough things and was truly impressed with the support and love. Watches are secondary, the friendship and sharing about anything you want comes first. It was also definitely stepping into a rabbit hole. My collection exploded [emoji23], but all good things as I started modding and learn. At the moment seeing the BSH logo on the dial means more to me than logos from other brands.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:40 pm I happen to be wearing one of these elusive BSH watches today affectionately known as the SARBro. I will be sure to post more of them later. But let it be known that my BSH watches are the crown jewels of my watch box. Well maybe not the ones I buggered up building, but a BSH watch really is something special and something money can't buy. Well the watches maybe, but the camaraderie is priceless

You have some great watches but this is one of my favorites. So many really nice elements in one piece!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

sogeha wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:22 pm Our presence was requested here, so here we are[emoji6]
A little over ten years ago our Glorious Founder started a thread on a watch forum. From that modest start the Brotherhood was born and slowly developed. Theoretically we are fans of Submariner and Submariner homage watches, in practice we have a wide range of watch interests and other interests. Our rules are simple

Rule #1 - Don’t be a dick
Rule #2 - See rule number one

That’s pretty much it

It takes about a year from joining in to gaining a real understanding of what the Brotherhood is and how deep it goes. Many of us are lifers and couldn’t imagine life without the ‘hood

So what is a BSH watch? Well Franco designed a logo for us many years ago and a watch with that logo is a BSH watch, with the only condition being that permission to use the logo was requested and granted

Anyway that’s enough babbling for now. Don’t worry it will get far more complicated as time goes by. As Richard Feynman might have said, “I think I can safely say that nobody understands the Brotherhood”

Great to have you here and thank you for explaining the brotherhood! There are a few BSH watches here at MoT and I have really admired the logo since the first time that I saw it.

Rule #1...words to live by!