Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Incoming! What have you got in the mail?

Post by Robotaz »

MoT wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:44 pm
TheJohnP wrote:
Don't forget to repost your sales posts in the Sales Bazaar
It’s such a PITA. I use apps to host photos and it makes the post as simple as possible. I don’t have it in me to find some kind of photo hosting. Been there. Done that. I only mess with watches on my phone, so you can imagine.
See the circled icon in this screenshot? Press it while visiting this site from your favorite mobile browser and you can upload photos directly, easy peasy without having to rely on third party apps that gets it's hooks into this site and harvests revenue from it.

I’ve never seen that. I thought I exhausted options here, but I’ll try that.

Another watch forum just showed up on Fora and I think it works pretty well. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t stand web browser forums on my phone. They aren’t designed for that. If all I’m looking for is a button, maybe it’ll work for me. Thanks.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:28 pm
MoT wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:44 pm
It’s such a PITA. I use apps to host photos and it makes the post as simple as possible. I don’t have it in me to find some kind of photo hosting. Been there. Done that. I only mess with watches on my phone, so you can imagine.
See the circled icon in this screenshot? Press it while visiting this site from your favorite mobile browser and you can upload photos directly, easy peasy without having to rely on third party apps that gets it's hooks into this site and harvests revenue from it.

I’ve never seen that. I thought I exhausted options here, but I’ll try that.

Another watch forum just showed up on Fora and I think it works pretty well. Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t stand web browser forums on my phone. They aren’t designed for that. If all I’m looking for is a button, maybe it’ll work for me. Thanks.
Fora isn't a simple plug-in. It would require a software migration to an entirely new platform as well as the associated licensing costs (it isn't open-source or free software) as well as the potential loss of data.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Couldn’t take it……caved
IMG_4821.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Damnit…..I may have a type. Felt like a great deal for Ti.
IMG_5093.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Caved again.

- Oris Monkey King
- 2 X Oceaneva Titanium GMT divers
IMG_5144.jpeg
IMG_5144.jpeg (118.84 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
IMG_5143.jpeg
IMG_5143.jpeg (107.47 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
IMG_5141.jpeg
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve been really bored with a lot of watches lately. So I decided to buy the 35% off Accutron DNA at Mimo’s that has been on sale for weeks. Hopefully it breaks the boredom.
IMG_2686.jpeg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That is so cool.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

First 2 watch purchases for 2024, thanks to some new year’s lowball offers.

Late 1960’s square unitas 6480
“The Phenix watch trademark was created in 1873 in Porrentruy, Switzerland. The Phenix watch was entirely manufactured and assembled on site. This enabled the watchmaker to ensure uniformly high quality and craftsmanship for each watch. In part as a result of this attention to detail, the brand won a number of industry awards, particularly for its Firebird model. In the 1960s, Phenix became divided into three brands, with the other two brands named Thomen and Vulcain. The latter was relaunched in 2004.” - From Wikipedia

1940’s German “Fliegeruhr”, non-working:
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Absolutely amazed by these pix…….first I hope it ships, second I hope it’s a least 1/2 as good as it is in pictures.

IMG_5354.jpeg
IMG_5353.jpeg
IMG_5352.jpeg
IMG_5355.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

@BillionaireDoors @ohhenry1

Couldn’t refuse the Glycine root beer bronze GMT sub for $430. I did look at the Edox:

Both bronze CUSN8
Both 42mm, 11.5mm thick and 49mm L2L (great for smaller wrists)
Both Swiss made
Both 25 jewel movements
Both 2 year International Warranties

* I just don’t think the Edox is worth $110 more, especially with the cheaper movement.

Glycine uses the Sellita SW330 (based on the ETA-2893-2), Edox uses the lesser SW200 (based on the ETA-2824)
Glycine has slightly more power reserve - 42hr vs. 38hr and likely a quieter rotor than the Edox
Glycine Sapphire crystal with 3X AR coating, Edox not published
Glycine has an exhibition caseback - I’m a sucker for glassback
Glycine uses a bronze buckle, vs. black for the Edox - pet peeve when watchmakers don’t match the case
Glycine dial and bezel checks my root beer box
Glycine 48 click bezel, Edox not published
Glycine uses SuperLuminova lume, Edox just says ‘Lume’
Edox has 100m more dive range (I won’t be diving with this watch)

I’ve not bought any Edox’s but I have around 15 Glycines. Some are pre-Invicta, some post. All have been great quality and zero issues, some as old as 9 years.

IMG_5400.jpeg
IMG_5399.jpeg
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Ugh. Just drafted and "submitted" a thoughtful reply, only for it all to disappear. I don't have the time or energy to redraft it, so I'll just thank you for your post, agree with everything that you said, add that I also own several Glycines and fine them to be rock solid watches . . . and also add that the Citizen Tsuyosa yellow dial that you posted is a delight. I bought it a few days ago while here visiting Tokyo, and (while I admit to still being in the honeymoon phase) it's been a clear winner for me. Don't know if you ordered it, or if you were just test-ordering for posting purposes. Anyway, whether it's Glycine, Tsuyosa, or both . . . enjoy!!!
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

ohhenry1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:44 am Ugh. Just drafted and "submitted" a thoughtful reply, only for it all to disappear. I don't have the time or energy to redraft it, so I'll just thank you for your post, agree with everything that you said, add that I also own several Glycines and fine them to be rock solid watches . . . and also add that the Citizen Tsuyosa yellow dial that you posted is a delight. I bought it a few days ago while here visiting Tokyo, and (while I admit to still being in the honeymoon phase) it's been a clear winner for me. Don't know if you ordered it, or if you were just test-ordering for posting purposes. Anyway, whether it's Glycine, Tsuyosa, or both . . . enjoy!!!
I have the Tiffany and Yellow dial Tsoyusa Citizens. Bought them about 6 mos ago. Great watches for sure. Been to Japan 3 times when our son (JET program) lived there. He met his wife there, a Japanese citizen. I’ve been from Fukuoka (where they were married) to Tokyo - but never north of Tokyo. Great country, culture, food and people.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Great minds think alike! I've been so happy with my yellow dial Citizen Tsuyosa, that I've been considering adding the Tiffany down the road. Seems you've beaten me to the (one two) punch!

My wife's a Japanese citizen as well. No pun intended. She's from Nagasaki (which is very close to Fukuoka). It seems that we may have similar tastes in watches . . . and that your son and I may have similar tastes in spousal geographic origins! lol!

CVP33 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:22 am
I have the Tiffany and Yellow dial Tsoyusa Citizens. Bought them about 6 mos ago. Great watches for sure. Been to Japan 3 times when our son (JET program) lived there. He met his wife there, a Japanese citizen. I’ve been from Fukuoka (where they were married) to Tokyo - but never north of Tokyo. Great country, culture, food and people.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

More Spinnakers. These are well worth the $311. Love the packaging, the extra strap, the domed crystal, the lume, the 120 click bezel, color-matched date-wheel…….. this model just got me. Bought the yellow, Tiffany and
orange.
IMG_5553.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Cadola $117 deal delivered, no tax - figured it was worth a punt.
IMG_5588.jpeg
IMG_5588.jpeg (303.72 KiB) Viewed 817 times
IMG_5587.jpeg
IMG_5587.jpeg (265.33 KiB) Viewed 817 times