LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Sporkboy »

Bbrou33 wrote:
Split-Time wrote:
Sporkboy wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 pm
Sounds good to me. What good are guidelines if you can’t flex them around a bit.
If we count pushers as crowns I’m back in the game! Is that what you two were referring to? Doesn’t bother me either way, plus I suppose we have a week to figure out the rules.
Sure!
But also trying to get across that guidelines are simply guidelines. A watch on the wrist is still better to look at than no post at all. You'll be accepted regardless of compliance.
Plus it's more fun breaking the rules than following them imo . But what do I know? I've got about 8 glasses of red wine in me right now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I love the rule breaking, this is intended to be fun, so let’s have some fun with it. Creative rules breaking should, of course, be encouraged. If I claim on Wednesday that I had a dream in which my future self tells me that a certain watch is vintage then who am I to argue?

I think I can fudge the Seiko day with Lorus, Pulsar or ALBA. Those are all sub brands of Seiko right? Not that I have a Pulsar or ALBA, but those can at least be options.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Happy Field Watch Friday! I have to wear a tie today but it may be coming off after lunch. I'm a rebel, I tell you!!!
Attachments
D50_2957.jpg
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

A classic for field watch Friday:

I wish that watch were 38mm?
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Wasn't in the mood to wear my most field-y field watch, the Bertucci, but I figure my Bulova UHF Military should tick enough boxes to be compliant.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

tjcdas
MoT Member

Re: BOBH (The Brotherhood of Bargain Hunters)

Post by tjcdas »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:57 am Okay, some new names to pitch for what this group shall be called. I will set up a poll if need be. Feel free to add your own. Here is what I came up with. Feedback appreciated.

1) LBH The Legion of Bargain Hunters

2) WBCF Watch Bargain Crime Family ( since the deals are SO good it feels like crime)

3) WDM the Watch Deal Mob

4) WBF the Watch Bargain Family

5) NBH the Nexus of Bargain Hunters

Feel free to add more suggestions. Nothing is final. . .yet.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
He-Man Over Paying Watch Haters Club

I nominate Dub Rubb for President!

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:09 am A classic for field watch Friday:

Hard to beat right there. I would really like to add one to my collection.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:-Grand Loyal Order of Watch Steals (GLOWS)
-Loyal Order of Watch Steals (LOWS)
-Legion of Extraordinary Watch Deal Seekers (LEWDS), that is a bit diluted, but I think that was the acronym you liked.

It is Friday, and I am comfortable here since most of my watches are field-type.

While I don’t have a problem with Timex Tuesday, maybe it could be Timex/Tool watch Tuesday. That may be making it a little easy with five watches and such, but I do love a good tool watch. Tool watch is also very broad, so it might not work. Heck, my FIL’s OP counts as he was a banker and his watch was an appropriate tool for him. It also has a bunch of tool watch elements (lume, drilled lugs, screw down crown...).
I like the idea for Tuesday. Especially considering that I don't own a Timex and don't currently have my Ti watch. Since most timexes could probably be considered tool watches, I am thinking simply "Tool Watch Tuesday".

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Boourns wrote:A classic for field watch Friday:

Doesn't get much more "field" than this!

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

larand wrote:Wasn't in the mood to wear my most field-y field watch, the Bertucci, but I figure my Bulova UHF Military should tick enough boxes to be compliant.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
I'll allow it, especially since the strap really takes it closer to field watch territory. Looking good!

Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Didn't see it was field watch day until after I left the apartment. Will switch later. But for now I'm sticking it to the Man!

ImageImage

Insta me: bbrou33
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: BOBH (The Brotherhood of Bargain Hunters)

Post by Boourns »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:57 am Okay, some new names to pitch for what this group shall be called. I will set up a poll if need be. Feel free to add your own. Here is what I came up with. Feedback appreciated.

1) LBH The Legion of Bargain Hunters

2) WBCF Watch Bargain Crime Family ( since the deals are SO good it feels like crime)

3) WDM the Watch Deal Mob

4) WBF the Watch Bargain Family

5) NBH the Nexus of Bargain Hunters

Feel free to add more suggestions. Nothing is final. . .yet.

Coalition of HUISABH Enthusiasts Always Pleasantly SeeKing Affordable Timepieces, Even Seikos

or

CHEAPSKATES
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Split-Time wrote:

I think I've decided that after I buy my Sinn in October, getting a Hamilton is next on my list. I'm ashamed I still haven't owned one.
Soon!

Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:46 pm Hard to beat right there. I would really like to add one to my collection.
Split-Time wrote: I think I've decided that after I buy my Sinn in October, getting a Hamilton is next on my list. I'm ashamed I still haven't owned one.
Soon!

Best part about these is they are relatively affordable. I found mine on ebay listed for $230 but offers considered. I offered $200, which was accepted, and it was during the time last year when ebay had a 15% off everything code. If you are willing to pay $200 to $220 you can pick up one second-hand any day of the week on Reddit or WUS, and it's still a good value, IMO. https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=khaki ... st_days=31
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:46 pm
Split-Time wrote:

I think I've decided that after I buy my Sinn in October, getting a Hamilton is next on my list. I'm ashamed I still haven't owned one.
Soon!

Congrats on the Sinn selection. Can't wait to see what you get. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

I've been close to buying a khaki mechanical a couple of times but never pulled the trigger. I may only be able to tolerate a few more of these pictures.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Boourns wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm
Bbrou33 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:46 pm Hard to beat right there. I would really like to add one to my collection.
Split-Time wrote: I think I've decided that after I buy my Sinn in October, getting a Hamilton is next on my list. I'm ashamed I still haven't owned one.
Soon!

Best part about these is they are relatively affordable. I found mine on ebay listed for $230 but offers considered. I offered $200, which was accepted, and it was during the time last year when ebay had a 15% off everything code. If you are willing to pay $200 to $220 you can pick up one second-hand any day of the week on Reddit or WUS, and it's still a good value, IMO. https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=khaki ... st_days=31
This was the route I was going to go!
Didn't realize I could get it at or that close to 200. Was thinking more 300 range.
Thanks Boourns!