LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Discussion area for watches, clocks and all other timekeepers.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Re: LWDS (The Legion of Watch Deal Seekers)

Post by Stretch44 »

Legion! I haven't posted in here for days... literally! Hell of week at work and we're trying to pack up our house because we've gotta be out in two weeks. Add in to little kids and life is nuts.

Timex Tuesday and Speedy/Tool Watch compliance on Tuesday. In the Speedy pic I'm working from home and sporting a suit on the top and PJs on the bottom for a remote hearing. If one thing good came out of the quarantine it's remote hearings!

Vintage Wednesday compliance.

No pic yesterday.
Adult drink compliance today. 14 year Glenlivet Cognac Cask. Really like it, just a hint of sweet.
Last edited by Stretch44 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:52 pm Two Crown AND Two pusher compliant. Bonus hella pumpkin compliance. While fall is upon me today, it's supposed to hit 90 something this weekend. Just waiting for my favorite season. Just can't seem to turn that corner.
ImageImage

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
Bro, our home is all about fall! It's by far my favorite season of the year. We watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown last night. Watching Adams Family 2 now.

If we weren't moving my wife would have gourds, pumpkins, and Halloween **** everywhere.
Last edited by Stretch44 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miggyd87
MoT Member

Post by Miggyd87 »

IMG_20211002_075116312~2.jpg
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

HUISABH compliance
PXL_20211002_192041901.jpg
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Swanky Seiko Saturday with the SJE073. Commonly referred to as the "baby snowflake", but I disagree. The only things they have in common is a textured(different mind you) white dial and amazing case finishing. Different metals, movements, shape and size make them very different watches IMO. At least that's what I tell myself to justify having both. Anyways, included some side by sides to show the differences.
ImageImageImageImage

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Your Snowflake makes me drool. Crazy how much thicker the GS is than the Pressage.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:Your Snowflake makes me drool. Crazy how much thicker the GS is than the Pressage.
Crazy thing is the snowflake is only 12.5mm thick, but the SJE is an impressive 9.7mm yet they are both rated for 100m WR despite not having a screw down crown on the presage.

Still really wish the SJE was 36-38mm though. It's every bit a GS as a GS in my mind.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

@Dub Rubb, what are thoughts on tomorrow's game? Do you care, want to kick Brady and Gronk's ass, or love them both because they gave you titles? When Bumgarner pitched against the Giant's the other night I was happy to watch and wanted him to do well but not win.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:[mention]Dub Rubb[/mention], what are thoughts on tomorrow's game? Do you care, want to kick Brady and Gronk's ass, or love them both because they gave you titles? When Bumgarner pitched against the Giant's the other night I was happy to watch and wanted him to do well but not win.
Want the pats to win this game, but it's very unlikely to happen. My wife randomly ran into MadBum when she was on a trip recently and lost her ****, so clearly she still loves him too!

I honestly want Brady to win like 3 more super bowls. Do I wish it was for the Pats? Of course. But want him to further separate his legacy and silence what remaining doubters there are. If the Pats aren't gonna go all the way, I am for sure gonna root from Brady and Gronk. I mean he brought 6 titles to a team that had none and was garbage my whole childhood. I can't be mad at the guy.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:37 pm
Stretch44 wrote:@Dub Rubb, what are thoughts on tomorrow's game? Do you care, want to kick Brady and Gronk's ass, or love them both because they gave you titles? When Bumgarner pitched against the Giant's the other night I was happy to watch and wanted him to do well but not win.
Want the pats to win this game, but it's very unlikely to happen. My wife randomly ran into MadBum when she was on a trip recently and lost her ****, so clearly she still loves him too!

I honestly want Brady to win like 3 more super bowls. Do I wish it was for the Pats? Of course. But want him to further separate his legacy and silence what remaining doubters there are. If the Pats aren't gonna go all the way, I am for sure gonna root from Brady and Gronk. I mean he brought 6 titles to a team that had none and was garbage my whole childhood. I can't be mad at the guy.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Stretch44 wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:37 pm
Stretch44 wrote:@Dub Rubb, what are thoughts on tomorrow's game? Do you care, want to kick Brady and Gronk's ass, or love them both because they gave you titles? When Bumgarner pitched against the Giant's the other night I was happy to watch and wanted him to do well but not win.

Ah yes. The great Kansas City Chiefs quarterback. I remember him.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Also, one hand? C'mon Joe!Image

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Funny that Tom Brady himself still considers Joe Montana to be the GOAT. Also, I don't necessarily disagree.

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

In all seriousness, Tom Brady is a freak. Just look at what the Buc's did compared to the Pat's last year. He's also from the Bay, so I like him. That said, I do wonder what Joe would have done in today's league.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Survivor Saturday?

Timex Electric from 1969.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody